Hello, everyone. I love to knit, crochet, do Russian punch needle, and sew. I spent 20 years doing costumes at a State University and did all kinds of sewing and alterations on the side. I love to do handwork while "watching" tv in the evening. My goal, now that I am retired, is to use up my fabric and yarn stash. One of my volunteer jobs is working with a group that provides basic baby things to parents who show up at hospitals with little or nothing for their babies. I do all the cutting for the quilts (nice big powerful machine) and I end up with lots of long strips of fabric that I have crocheted into big diaper bags. I had so much of this kind of fabric yarn that I ended up teaching other women how to crochet with fabric. I also teach Somali women to sew and have brought along my crochet work for those few quiet moments I might have while they work and that has brought some interest in them to learn how to crochet. I regularly make prayer shawls for my church and I have used up a lot of odds and ends making hats for the Salvation Army coat and hat giveaway. I often bring crochet along when I volunteer at blood drives . (That way I get to do two volunteer activities at once.) Obviously I like to keep busy. Susan