I am recently retired nurse. I worked as a staff nurse, a nurse manager and as a nursing instructor. I was in charge of orientation for newly hired nurses, aides and unit secretaries. I am now retired and have the time to follow my second passion, crocheting. I am from a family of crocheters. Both my mother and grandmother crocheted. I have a wonderful husband and 2 children (adults now). No grandchildren yet. I keep telling them they are not doing there job, makng me a grandmother! With the time I have available now, I do a lot of crocheting. Recently I had a large amount yarn given to me and was not sure what to do with it. It was pink. I called the nursery manager that I knew and asked her if they could use baby blankets. I was quite suprised to learn even in what I consider a pretty well to do area, they still get mothers who don't have the basic needs for their babies. Since then I have been crocheting baby blanket and donating them to these mothers. It feeds my crochet passion and hopefully does some good!