Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Red face New to the site and Project Linus

Good Morning
    New to this location, but a crocheter for many years. I broke my foot in December about the same time I discovered Project Linus. Since then I have crocheted 15 blankets for the project, since I was stuck at home and mostly in a wheelchair. Well, I am out of the wheelchair now, but too late! I have rekindled my crocheting bug. If you love to crochet & don't know the Project Linus-- especially if you have lots of leftover yarn to use up, and you too have the crocheting bug-- Look them up online for a truly worthy endeavor. My grandson at 7 months was seriously ill and upon entering the hospital was presented with a lovely crocheted blanket with a small satin label that said "Linus Project." It was the kindest gesture for a terribly worried family. I looked them up and that is how I got started. ~Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know. But I wish you and your family good health

Post Thanks / Like
    Peggy,

Hello and welcome to the group! We do have a few members who have mentioned the Linus Project. For members who are interested in learning more:

Project Linus National Headquarters

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thank you but I see it s not about doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! I broke my foot about 2 years ago-it was quite painful! Hope your grandson is well and happy! What a wonderful thing you are doing with the Linus project! It takes a special person to do that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Project Linus is a wonderful group to make blankets for. I've been a member of our local chapter now for many years and the joy that's brought to a child when they receive a blanket from the group makes it all worth while.

And its not only the recipients who benefit. Those who make blankets also get that 'warm fuzzy' feeling inside as well.

If anyone enjoys making afghans, you are more than welcome to become a Project Linus Blanketeer!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    My grandson is much better, and as you can imagine, he has many blankets. His favorite is from the Linus Project: he likes to go to sleep with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peggy and Barb:

I just signed up for Project Linus and found that we have several drop off spots and what seems to be a fairly active group here in Eastern Washington. I will drop off my baby blankies today as one of the sites is minutes from my house. Thanks for the great work and hopefully I can do that same.

Post Thanks / Like
    for anyone who wants to donate blankets for Project Linus, if there isn't a chapter near you, you can always contact the coordinator and ask if there is a drop off location close by. Many times there is an 'informal' network of volunteers who will pick up blankets for those who can't get them to an 'official' drop off point.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have Project Linus in Canada but ladies in my area make child-sized afghans & teddy bears for the ambulance service. Any child who has to go to the hospital by ambulance receives an afghan and a bear.

11. Likes crochetgal, Lili liked this post