Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb Fuller, It sounds like you always have a house full. I live in New Braunfels so I know we don't need sweaters here, so I don't do the sweaters, I have done some of the cowls and of course lots of baby blankets. We will have to get together and talk about crocheting. I have been crocheting for about 50 years. My girls laugh at me when I go for a new purse. It has to be big enough to put a skein of yarn in it when ever I go somewhere. I have 2 girls, 3 grand children and 2 great grandchildren . My husband is very ill. He has dementia and it has him house bound so I don't get out much. We have a cha-weenie dog that has back problems. My cat is a Maine coon cat so she is big. My neighbor still thinks she is a linkz. On your doillies my daughter wanted my old one to put in a frame and hang for a picture. You might try that, they make a pretty pictures. And it saves them from wear. I have lots of patterns for afghans, let me know if you'd like some. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, kl1000. Without your health, nothing else much matters for sure. One of our granddaughter's husband had a stroke Saturday. He's just 39. They have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. Fortunately, he's not paralyzed, but his short term memory is impaired. Hopefully, this will correct itself in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about this. He is young enough. I hope he will be much better soon.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi, TX transplant. Yes, our house is definitely full when they ALL visit at once. However, my oldest daughter usually has the big family get-togethers at her house now, as they have a huge back deck and pergola and their place is on an acre. That's makes lots of room for everyone and especially for all the young ones who need room to run and play. Our home is on one of the golf courses here, so they can't run around so much at our place. Yes, we can get together sometime, but I'm going to be tied up for a few months since my husband is going to have a complete lumbar fusion with instrumentation. I had this same surgery three years ago. He will be fine, but the recovery takes a while, and I'm going to be his caretaker during that time. When I had mine, I lived in the recliner for the first month, as I couldn't get in and out of the bed, plus the recliner allowed me to change positions easily. That was a nice thing your daughter did. About the afghan patterns, I make only the ones now that don't have to be sewn together. I like the ones made in one piece. I have had one that I made over a year ago and still haven't put together! Thanks for the offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike's dad died of a stroke, but he was 68. We are concerned because Mike is so young. It can work for or against him. He keeps wanting to go home because he thinks he is just fine. If you ask him his birthday, he can give his correct birth year, but if you ask him his age, he says 32 instead of 39. It seems to be mainly his short term memory that's affected. Also, he can move his eyes horizontally but not up and down. Strange.

Post Thanks / Like
    He should stay in bed! His mind will be better with time. I heard about similar cases. Doctors can improve the situation. But danger exists...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Bed, for sure. His doctors aren't releasing him from the hospital. He will be in some sort of rehab once he's out, I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe in modern medicine.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, Since I've never done the filet crocheting, do you know of an easy pattern I should start with? Of course, it would have to be in English. I love the one you're showing here, but it doesn't look like a particularly easy one. I really like the floral pattern of it. I'd like to start with one that is circular and about 8" in diameter.

You list you are from Easter Europe, but your English seems to be native to you, so I'm supposing you're in England. If you'd rather not say, I understand. I have a very dear friend here who is from England. After WWII, she married a GI at age 19 and is now in her 70s. She has been here since marriage, but she goes back to England to see a brother every couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Barb! Unfortunately I could not find easy and free filet patterns from the center. I found these Doily Crochet Patterns - Doilies Crocheted in Rounds starting in the Center in Filet Crochet Usually I crochet from the bottom to the top. Do you read the charts? I have some patterns I made myself but only charts. You can find free patterns here Crochet Pattern Central - Free Filet Crochet Pattern Link Directory
    Unfortunately I do not live in UK and I am not English speaking. One lady from CT is so kind to help me with my English. I really live in Eastern Europe in very bad place. I can say that there is the civil war.
    I will try to make chart for you from the center. Just tell me if you need it... The size of doily depends on thread and hook size. I cannot say how many rows you need. But One doily from the center is a good idea
    Have a good day
    Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן