Hello I am very new to the crochet scene. Having grown up watching my grandmother and mother crochet large table runners or doily's to see the hard work undone in minutes because it did not sit as expected or wasn't what they thought it would be.

I have made myself a couple of large hook ponchos and to my surprise I sold one as a friend wanted one for her daughter, from their I have made myself a bolero jacket and then recently a shawl which was another friends unfinished project.

We took our caravan away last easter and I decided as I had my Mum and Dad along for the trip it was time to stretch my skills and try a dressing table runner for my 6year old daughter. It was a challenge but it looks great and she thinks its beautiful.

I am looking at returning to work in the next 4 weeks and found crochet is easier to pick up and do in lunch breaks than my knitting projects.

So here is for a whole new world of crafting skills.

Oh I forgot to mention that my Mother also teaches spinning, knitting and crochet another reason I think I dragged my feet for so long as I did not wish to be schooled by her (perfectionist in every sense of the word but her work is exquisite. Big shoes to try to live up to)

Happy crafting to all of you.
Regards
Maz