Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Saying a Big Hello from Somerset West in South Africa!

Hello Everyone

I stumbled onto this website by accident. I was looking for Disney patterns of Winie the Pooh to crochet for my twin girls who simply adore the characters. In my 'free time' I enjoy making toys for them.

I grew up in South Africa and I also stayed in the UK for several years. My husband and I came back to South Africa nearly 3 years ago.

I enjoy knitting, crochet and cross stitching.

Hoping to make friends with all of you and to get lots and lots of advice on different projects.

Have a nice day.

Toys4Twins
    Last edited by Toys4Twins; 07-29-2014 at 02:45 AM.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome message. I mysef have not tried making any doilies, there are quite delicate and requires fine workmanship. Sometime in the future though I would like to try and crochet some cross bookmarks which I found online. I remember seeing them as a child and I just loved them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi T4T. I'm new here too. I love to crochet when I get the time. I love to sew as well. I'm kinda living vicariously by looking at all the lovely things on this forum right now. Anyway Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Casa. Thank you for your warm welcome message. You have such a beautiful name. Crochet is a wonderful way to relax when we 'get time'. I have some many projects that I still want to do and so little time to do them all in. Next I am hoping to start making some Christmas decorations for our tree. The twins are sure to destroy the ones that I collected years ago and in some ways I feel it will make it special to make a variety of ornaments for the tree. At the moment I am making 'Barney, BJ and Baby Bop' for the twins, I've finished the knitting now just the assembly is waiting. Hope you will see many lovely patterns on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make snowflake ornaments every year. I love to do this project with my granddaughters. Well I crochet them, pin them, stiffen them and then the girls paint them (with watered down acrylic paint or food coloring), then decorate with glitter etc and tie jewels to them. They love this project (messy though). I'm sure your girls will love any ornaments you make. It sounds like you are very talented.

So sorry to hear you are catching a cold. I hope it is short lived. It must be quite a challenge to be the mom of twins when you are also fighting illness!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately my husband is at home to help out with the girls. A few months ago we were all ill at the same time and boy it was tough. I love your idea of the snowlake ornaments and would love to do it with my girls when they are older. In South Africa it is summer time when it is Christmas and all the snowmen etc. looks a bit out of place in the heat. I would still like to make little traditional ornaments for the tree.

I am feeling a bit better today. We are presently waiting to hear if my husband is going to get a job offer. The waiting is driving us insane and is quite stressful.

Have a lovely day and thank you for the snowflake tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Casa de Luna. It's nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy the site. There are a lot of wonderful people here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! How are you today? Filet doilies are easy to make... just need patience. Since I read e-reader I have e-bookmarks.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Mister 'Cold' is paying me a visit, I am on the way to getting another cold. We've already had some many during this winter time. I am currently in bed, hoping to sew the Barney toys together and not taking time to rest. Suppose I will do once I am really exhausted. I've not tried Filet crochet yet, my mum used to make loads of table cloths and wall hangings in this style. I don't have e reader. I will still get around to Filet as well, I am trying to learn as much as I can and hoping to teach the girls when they get a little bit older. I do have a lot of patience especially when it comes to cross stitching. I hope you are well. Enjoy your day.