Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Hello all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, Krys! I absolutely LOVE your amigurumi apples! They are adorable, especially with those sweet little worms peeking out of them, lol. You are extremely talented, Krys! I'm going to have to try my hands at something like that. As a matter of fact I will be soon....my 26yr old daughter wants an amigurumi crab, lol. I downloaded the pattern and I chose a nice color red from my "wall of yarn"...this we talked about before, lol. Wish me luck! I may have to ask you a few questions as I go along. And your camera took great pics of your apples. Really, now worries about how the pics looked. Too bad you're stuck with so much pink and lilac yarn....pretty but not workable for everything. I think it's sweet that you bought so much with your granddaughters in mind....feeling as though they'd always be young. If you lived close to me I'd probably buy some of the lilac....where do you live, btw? I'm in Las Vegas. I actually find I get some really good deals on craigslist for yarn. You know, people who start crocheting/knitting and then decide they don't really like it and then they're stuck with all that yarn. Works for me! I always find I get a good deal on it all. That's what has helped me to grow my yarn collection. Gonna' go for now and grab some dinner. Then I have a night of crocheting ahead, trying to get a head start of Christmas gifts. Let's talk soon! Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Krys!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Karen and thank you very much
    I am sorry that I did not reply sooner. But, at first I "lost" this thread and then I was of the computer taking care of other things..As I am reading your reply above..you are talking about crocheting a amigurumi crap. What a coincidence because I just came a cross a very nice crab on a Facebook and he comes with a very nice story... His name is Coconut. I will paste the link below. And if you have any questions about crocheting amigurumi's just ask.
    I live in NW Suburb of Chicago IL. About 30 min. driving time from Downtown of Chicago. I guess Las Vegas would be little too far LOL. Now, about that Graglist. Is that yarn being shipped to you? or you are picking that up from that seller?.
    Did you started working on that crab?.
    XXX
    Krys
    ..Here are 2- links to Coconut story's on Facebook:
    Part 1
    The Little Crab Coconut
    Part 2
    The Little Crab Coconut

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa thank you very much
    XXX
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    your apples are very cute

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Chris Welcome to the group. I am from Ohio. I have been crocheting a year now and have done quite a few things. I am disabled and it helps keep me relaxed and takes my mind off my pain. I also do many other crafts as well. Everyone is so nice here. Looking forward to talking to you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Audrey thank you very much
    XXX
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Your apples are very cute. I love them. You did a marvelous job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Krys. I, too, lose the threads from time to time. If you'd like, I'll contact you thru this forum on the personal email page and send you my email address. So take a look there when you have the time...I'll send that email to you tonight. Would make it easier if we are to share patterns and just get to know each other! I LOVE the Little Crab Coconut! Oh my gosh, SO adorable. And it's really well done. I will show it to my daughter. She might like it better than the other one she chose. And no, I haven't started it yet. I'll keep you posted on which one and on my progress while making it. About buying yarn on craigslist....I drive and pick it up. I only go to places that are close to me, and of course, I triple check that the situation is a safe one. For instance, tomorrow I am going to a woman's house who just had a yard sale and didn't sell all of her yarn (she advertised a yard sale on craigs and said yarn was one of the items she was selling....so what I do is write to these people right after the sale is over and ask if they still have yarn left! You've got to hope their sale ad wasn't taken down yet). Anyway, this time I was lucky. She has 1 lb yarn skeins for $3! Thanks for your help with my crab. Don't forget to check you personal forum email. And until we talk again, Take Good Care, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, thanks a lot
    Krys