Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Early Morning! I am a new member! :)

Good very early morning!

First of all, thank you to the admins for adding me to this forum. I just want to introduce myself. I am brand new here and am excited to be a part of this forum. My name is Gayle and I live in the Big Sky country of Montana. I am my 88 year old mother's caregiver and am very thankful and blessed to be a part of her life in her later years.

I am 64 years old (the BIG 65 coming up in February and the real SS money comes in--Ha, ha!). I am single (divorced) and a Mom to 5 spectacular girls and a grandma to 14 absolutely beautiful and wonderful grandchildren with one more on the way--I am thrilled for this most recent one that is not here yet. It is my oldest daughter whom I thought was not going to have children and I had accepted that, but I got "THE" call and given the great news so I am going to be making stuff for the new one as soon as we find out what they are having. Fun, Fun!!

I am a crocheter--never could get the hang of knitting. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was about 5 years old as I sat at her knee and just watched and watched and listened and listened and i learned. I can't say I have steadily crocheted ALL of these years, but I can say it is my first love for crafts and is the one I always turn to when I want to make something. I do so much more of it now that I am retired (or, is that tired?--I get confused ). It was an early forced retirement, so am looking forward to the BIG 65! My sweet really true Grandma that you see in the old storybooks (boy have times changed--I don't look like the Grandmas from my day--Ha, Ha!!) also tried to teach me to knit, but I never got a real good hang of it, although I think I could do it if I just put my mind to it and that is one of my goals for this year--to learn to knit. We shall see. I have so many crochet projects going on that I don't know if I will be able to find the time. She also tried to teach me how to tat, but I am definitely not ambidexterous, but it is also a goal of mine to learn still this year. Not sure if they will happen--Christmas (I know-the dirty word) is around the corner and I need to be careful when I say it so sticks and stones aren't thrown at me.

Well, I have rambled on so. I apologize. I just wanted to give a "little" history (not ALL of my history--ooopppssss!) and then look at me--I get going and can't stop. I hope you all will have a great day and I look forward to being an active participant of this group/forum. Thank you for having me here.

Take care,

Gayle

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gayle! It s noce to meet you. I am Larisa. I make doileis. I have kids about 30 yo...Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard! It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gayle,
    So glad to have you join us here. I am like you I prefer to crochet also. my mom taught me how to knit but I prefer to crochet.

Huggers
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Larisa

Thank you, Larisa, for the sweet welcome. I love crocheting doilies, too, and I really like thread crochet, but I seem to do more of the yarn crocheting. I just think that thread crochet is so satisfying when the work is done because it is so intricate--just my own personal feeling for myself. I know there are lots of yarn patterns that are very intricate, too. Okay, let's just put it this way--I LOVE Crochet! LOL!! You have a great day also!!

Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Gayle! It s noce to meet you. I am Larisa. I make doileis. I have kids about 30 yo...Have a good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Debby!

Thank you so much for the nice welcome! I am really glad to be here, too. Crochet is my love craft and it has gotten me through some rough ties in my life and helps immensely with stress and anxiety. It's good that you can knit, too, even if you don't do it. Maybe someday you will have the urge to knit something and you will be so glad you know how.

Thank you, again and I look forward to meeting more people and getting to know more people who have the same talents and love the crochet and knitting.)

Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by DebbyR View Post
    Hi Gayle,
    So glad to have you join us here. I am like you I prefer to crochet also. my mom taught me how to knit but I prefer to crochet.

Huggers
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gayle. It s nice to discuss doilies with someone who LOVER crocheting like I do -- Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Barbara!

Thank you for the warm and friendly welcome. I do look forward to being a part of this forum, especially crochet, but I want to know more about knitting and will hopefully learn from some of the experienced knitters here. Also, thanks for the add to be a part of this group of ladies who have the same interests and talents. Have a most wonderful day!!

Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello and welcome aboard! It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome GiGi, It is nice to meet you. We are happy to have you with us. I would rather crochet than do any other craft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, mash52! It's nice to meet you, also. Thank you for the super nice welcome. This does sound like a wonderful group and I look forward to being a part of it! Yes, I would rather crochet than just about anything else. I am doing some swaps right now for granny squares and have really never done a lot of them, but I am loving it and loving the beauty that can come from making a granny square. I have a goal to make a tablecloth one of these days with thread. We shall see--that is quite a huge project.

I look forward to getting to kno you better. Have a most wonderful day!

Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Welcome GiGi, It is nice to meet you. We are happy to have you with us. I would rather crochet than do any other craft.