Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to you! What part of north Jersey are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen, Please forgive me if I seemed to ignore your message. I'm afraid I still don't understand how this site operates and I just found it tonight while looking for a message from someone that I just received. I am sorry to hear about your health problems and totally agree with you that a good attitude does wonders. In the past I did a lot of research into my ancestry but I did stop doing that. My daughter really has taken over where I left off and she has really done wonders with it. I have always been interested in doing different kinds of crafts. I have worked with leaded glass and loved oil painting but due to my breathing problems and general weakness, I had to stop both. Now I knit and crochet and love both. I don't spend as much time reading as I used to,but I still do enjoy a good book. Well I guess I bent your ear enough for now. And please do call me Florence. That was my mother's name also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Passaic County :-)

I'm new to this forum, not sure how it all works. But, I do love to crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda: You won't believe it, but I have been looking for your post for two days. I have never had so much trouble with an on-line site as I am having with this one. I can't even get it to except my password even though I know I entered and recorded. I am now back to using a new password assigned by the site. I'm going to stay with it so it can't say it's wrong. Anyway, back to books. I will read almost anything. I just love books. A sample of what I have read: The Game of Thrones series, The Harry Potter books, a set of 24 or 25 Left Behind books. They are about the end of times. I love the Child & Prescott books. I read most of the Dune series but by the time I got to the 4th one, it was so ridiculous I just stopped. I will be 80 this coming Dec. so over the years I have read so much it is impossible to even list them. Needless to say I have enjoyed almost all of it. How about you? Do you have a favorite?

Post Thanks / Like

Lesa Kay

Good morning. New to the site. From Chandler
    Oklahoma. My great grandmother taught me to
    crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Welcome to the Forum. I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Florence! No worries! You know, I've been doing the same thing while getting to know this forum, lol. I see a message and then seem to lose it. I go back to find it and just can't! I'm getting better at it all now. So don't worry, please. I am very happy to have received your reply, tho. Glad to hear that your daughter has researched your family history, as well. I see you've done leaded glass...I'm impressed! I LOVE leaded glass. Always wanted to be able to oil paint, and have tried it, but to no avail. I can sketch a bit, tho. I seem to have developed a real love for crochet and am happy about that. I tried knitting years ago but seemed to like crocheting better. May try knitting again sometime in the future. Are you making some Christmas gifts? If so, what are your plans? I have started but fear I won't be able to get anywhere near done given the list I've created! That's it for now....dinner time. I look forward to hearing from you soon, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Lesa Kay! We are happy to have you. I'm sure you'll find it's a fun and informative place to visit. Lots of really nice people who are always willing to help. Please tell us if you're presently working on something(s), and if so, what? I am presently starting my Christmas gift list. Working on a couple of dishcloth sets using multi-colored Christmas thread. Also working up an afghan for a friend and a pocketbook for one of my daughters....something I haven't tried before! Hope I can pull it all off. Let's talk soon. Until then, Take Good Care, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Klockie and welcome from Pa. It will be very nice to have you for a friend