I've never done this before and feel a little silly since I don't know any of you and you don't know me. Here goes...

My husband and I retired to Arizona (just south of Tucson) from Grass Valley, California in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas in northern California. We worked together in our own lawfirm and so have been together 24/7 for 33 years ...and we're still best friends!

I have knitted and crocheted for years...mostly small projects like dish rags and scarves just to keep my hands busy...you know, "busy hands are happy hands". For Christmas I made an afghan for my first great grand baby. It was the first time I had followed a pattern in many years and being something of a perfectionist I tore the darn thing apart many times before I got it right. Wouldn't you know...my daughters, my granddaughter and both grandsons all said they wanted one too! So now I'm looking for patterns that will keep me interested long enough to complete them, which is how I happened upon this web site. Dish rags are simple and easy to take with me wherever I go. Adult size afghans are big, less portable and a little intimidating. Granny