Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary! My name is Karen. I, too, am disabled and spend a lot of my time crocheting gifts for family and friends, as well as scarves for the homeless and dog and cat coats for a local dog/cat rescue org. I love to crochet just about anything and have just begun to try my hand at pocketbooks for Christmas gifts. So many wonderful things we can make, right? I love cruising crochet websites just to "window shop", too. Looking forward to chatting and sharing with you all things crochet! Take Good Care.

2. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa. I having a good day today. Thank you for asking. Last week or so was a bit of a toughie. Had my crochet on hand to help and made a huge dent in the new afghan I am working on for a friends birthday gift. I love doilies so much, too. I have my eye on making some vintage pillow case inserts, if I can find some patterns for those. Fingers crossed x lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Teri. Your story is beautiful too. It's those wonderful moments that we can charish forever. I seem to have built quite a stash of patterns that I think if I began this moment would need another hundred years to get all worked up. lol

5. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie. Thank you so much for the words of prayer. <3 I am glad to be somewhat functional, as many are unable. So I give thanks for that everyday. I am able to get around and not stuck in bed, which is a blessing. Sending hug for your prayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debby. I've seen pictures of Maine. It's very lovely there. I'm glad you find crafts and crocheting helpful. I know so many people love something made just for them. Gifts like that come from the heart and carry a lot of ''special'' in giving them. I bet they look forward to seeing what next you made for them each year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen. lol.. cruising crochet websites is addictive.. I know!! Sometimes I look up at the clock and find most of the day passed.. but oh well.. shrug.. was having lots of fun.. right? I think that's really great of you to think of homeless and animal shelters and work up some useful scarves and coats. I was thinking of working on some items for the local childrens' hospital. I will look into seeing if they are in need of anything in particular, or have any specific patterns they prefer soon. I'm looking forward to chatting and sharing too. Take Good Care, Too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who spends hours pouring over websites, lol! It IS fun, and we deserve to treat ourselves every once in a while, right? Creating items for your local childrens' hospital is a wonderful idea. Especially with the holidays coming up. There may be many children that have to spend them in the hospital and they'd appreciate your homemade gifts, made with love. I've begun my long list of Christmas gifts already....afraid I've overextended myself! I have a question for you about yarn that maybe you can help me with. Hitting the sack now, but I'll write again tomorrow and maybe we can discuss that and other fun things. Take Good Care and rest well.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary and welcome. It's nice to meet you. I enjoy meeting new fellow crafters from different parts of the country. What sweet memories you have of learning to crochet. I hope to see some of your projects sometime.

11. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda. Thank you for your warm welcome. It's nice to meet you, too. I'll be looking forward to sharing some pictures soon now that I've watched the helpful video tutorial on how to do that