Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: new to crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome, welcome, welcome! I am self taught too. Thank you YouTube videos and still learning...3 years! My first project was a turquoise blue hat.. I was so proud of myself! Followed a tutorial done by onevirtuouswoman, an awesome crochet guru! Best wishes and enjoy the world of crochet!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi slrn 7188, welcome I just joined april/may I really love this site. Sharing patterns & Ideas & meeting new friends. It's great ♥cablestitches/Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    My advice is to start with a small, easy project. You may just want to make squares or rectangles to practice different stitches, and turning to make sure you're not increasing or decreasing unintentionally. Have fun!

ruditudi

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi !! Slrn7188 Im so glad to meet a self taught person. You have the desire to learn and you will & can do it. As a self taught to another DONT Give UP !! I did and starting back last 5 or so years. I Donate so do a lot of small , quick things. Squares are nice to learn stitches and make a wall Hanger or Blanket, Mat out of them. I did a throw over my Moms Chair. Love it for inspiration. You-Tube is Fabulous and you'll learn CT Friends will allways be here to help. Have Fun and See Yah !! Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    HI slrn7188 I used to teach crocheting, one of the first thing I ask all to learn were the Abbreviations. I had them printed up and gave all a copy and suggested they make a copy and keep in the bath room and when they we in there to read them over and over again until they knew them. There we several that said that helped them because that was one place they weren't bothered so much. Just a suggestion that may help beginners.
    I am charlye from IL I have been crocheting over 50 yrs. But I am still learning and relearning all the time about crocheting. Glad you have joined use just jump right in. Make yourself at home.
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    BY the way I am self taught also. Learned when I was PG with 1st child made him a blue sweater set. but when I was teaching we started with squares that could be used as pot holders or hot pad. the second item was a scarf and hat. That taught each that the "stick to it" was necessary. as a scarf seems very long when you are making the very first one. YOU will do fine, and the friends here are so very willing to help with anything you need help with so just ask.
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    remember to count the stitches in each row to make sure you aren't dropping a stitch at ends or miss one in the row You tube has very good videos and some of the craft stores also give classes sometimes the libreries also give classes
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. You will get all the help you need here. Go on UTUBE they show different stitches

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm really excited for so many people ready to help and give advice. Also all the great ideas too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. Try U-Tube