Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile new member - Judy J

I am a new member. I am a 64-y-o-grandma of 3. I taught myself to crochet when I was pregnant with my 2nd of 3 children. Boy was that long ago! I was 21. I love to crochet and crossstitch. I even sewed for awhile when our girls twirled baton in a baton corps and my husband was color guard director. Our son carried a rifle bigger than he was (had to keep him occupied, he was hyperactive), and I sewed the girls costumes. The final outfit that cured me of sewing was my younger daughter's prom dress that she had me sew. It turned out beautiful, but that was the last thing I ever sewed. Now, I stick to crochet. I would love to learn knitting, though. I am from a small town from around Cleveland, Ohio.
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 02-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is nice to meet you! We have many members who love to crochet as well as do other things. In the past, I have done a lot of crosstich as well! Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy,

It's so nice to meet you. I am a retired stay at home mom to two wonderful children Victoria & Patrick & also a Grandmama to my two sweet Grandaughters (from my daughter) Jenny & Lilly. I love being a Grandmama & making them both special gifts. I have made them both ruffle & lace blankets, their bed dolls & am currently making them each a teddy bear. Isn't it wonderful to see their little faces light up & hear their giggles when you give them the items you have made. I am really looking forward to my son Patrick making me a Grandmama hopefully soon as he just got engaged to his girlfriend Jt this past Christmas. I am working on alot of baby items as I love making the layettes booties & hats. I hope to soon have enough to be able to donate to the hospital my daughter in law to be works at. I would also like to donate to the homeless & homeless shelters as well as habitat for humanity, & eventually make enough to sell at some point also. One of my best friends does alot of cross stitching & it would be something I would like to try someday as well. As far as sewing goes I have dabbled at it off & on over the years but I find crocheting to be my true passion. I have also worked some on molded glass & found that to be fun as well. I have just recently started trying to learn to Knit as there are some very beautiful patterns I would love to be able to make. I am so happy that you have joined the forum & look forward to hearing from you on what projects you are working on. I have been crocheting since I was taught by my Mom & Grandma when I was 6 years old & have loved collecting new patterns & spend so much time at the craft store, that it's pretty much my second home lol. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with lots of hours of crochet time. your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! This is a great forum for us Grandmothers! I have 5 Grandchildren-Abby's 4, Samuel is 3, Marietta is 15 months, and twins Charlie and Bobby are just a year old!