Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello to all fellow Crocheters,

Hello Everyone,

I just found this site & I am so excited to be able to find all of you that love to crochet as much as I do . My name is Patti & I live in Oregon of all places, but we are soon to move to sunny Caifornia & I will be so happy to finally get out of all this rain lol. I would love to get to know all of you & find out what patterns you are working on & love to share ideas & patterns. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime & I will do my best to answer each of you as time allows. I am so excited to finally be able to talk to fellow crocheters as I don't know anyone that crochets the more advanced patterns/stitches, & would love to see the patterns you have made. I have been crocheting since I was 6 years old when My Mom tried teaching me, it wasn't easy for her as she was right handed & I am a Lefty, but she showed me the basics & I taught myself to crochet from there. I have kept the crochet patterns My Mom & My Grandma have collected over the years & have collected a wide variety of patterns myself, I find that crocheting is very relaxing & I love to see the patterns take shape from a single (& sometimes multiple) strand of yarn. I would love to get to know all of you & thank you for allowing me to introduce myself. I look very forward to hearing from all of you I hope that we will become close crochet buddies. I hope you all have a wonderful day & find lots of time to crochet. Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is totally awesome to hear of your crocheting since 6 years old. I have a 10 year daughter that is interested in me creating for her, but not her learning yet. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti, I am also a lefty and I grew up in Oregon in Coos Bay, on the coast. My mother couldn't teach me to crochet because she was a righty and it frustrated her to watch me do it "backwards". I taught myself to crochet in my early 20s and later learned to knit also. I couldn't teach any of my daughters, but one learned in 4-H and another's friend taught her. It is both my physical therapy for arthritis in my hands, and my yarn "Valium". This website is great, I think you will like it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! My Great-Grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 8 or 9. But she used crochet thread and tiny hooks! In college, I really started to crochet and the rest is history! I am lucky to be able to crochet every day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome to the group. I was thrilled to get a response from you so quickly, it made my day . I also have a daughter, her name is Victoria, she wasn't really into learning to crochet at such an early age, but stick with making things for her for now, eventually my daughter really got into all the things I made for her & wanted to learn how to make these beautiful things herself & she did learn, she is now grown with two children of her own (their names are Jenny & Lilly & they are both the apple of my eye) & she has made them a few things, so don't give up on your daughter eventually wanting to learn, I'm sure she will when she sees all the wonderful projects she can make. Crocheting is one of my favorite things to do even to this day. I am working on making baby things, as I also have a son Patrick who just got engaged to his girlfriend this past Christmas so I am looking forward to hopefully more Grandchildren to spoil here in the near future. I am always on the look out for cute girly sweaters to make for Jenny & Lilly & I am just getting started making things for the diaper cakes I make. I hope to soon have enough baby items to start making some money from my favorite past time, keep your fingers crossed lol. I hope you are having a wonderful day & are finding lots of time to crochet. I also hope to hear from you again soon, until then thank you again for your sweet post. Take care, your crochet friend Patti

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sweet Magnolia,

I am so happy to hear from you, thank you so much for your response, hearing from you made me so happy. It's nice to know that you are also a "Lefty" & that you grew up in Coos Bay, I'm not far from there, I live close to Salem, I used live in Florence for awhile, living on the coast was sure nice. If you don't mind me asking do you still live in Oregon? I know exactly what you are saying about your mom being frustrated feeling like you were doing things backwards lol, my mom felt that way a time or two also. I have since learned that if I would have just watched her in a mirror while she was trying to teach me that things would have most likely been alot easier for both of us , so you might want to give that a try if you want to try to teach someone else, lucky for me my Daughter Victoria was also a "Lefty" so it wasn't so hard for me to teach her. I love to crochet, it is I believe my favorite past time other then playing with my Grandaughters Jenny & Lilly. I love being able to make them things & I am always on the lookout for new interesting patterns to make both of them. I totally agree with you also that it is great therapy for arthritis, I also have it in my hands as well & have had to have carpel tunnel surgery on my "Lefty" hand due to crocheting to much (according to the dr's lol), so I guess that tells you how much I enjoy what I do, & I love your comment about it being your "yarn valium", I couldn't agree with you more, I find it is so relaxing & I am so thankful to have learned to crochet so young, I am now 44 years old & I'm working on a bunch of baby items, as I also have a son, Patrick who just got engaged to his girlfriend (Jt) this Past Christmas so I am looking forward to hopefully having more Grandchildren soon. I am also trying to make baby items to put onto diaper cakes that I make & would love to sell someday. I've sold a few things & entered a few fairs so I am hoping that I will be able to make & sell things for babies soon. I am also in the process of making baby items to donate, just not sure where I will be able to do that but I would love to, along with some homeless shelters & habitat for humanity, so I am so glad to have found all of you to share in all our love of crochet items. I hope that you & I can become wonderful crochet friends & I look forward to hearing from you again. Until then take care & happy crocheting. Your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane,

Thank you for your sweet reply to my post, it was great hearing from you. Wow just Wow, I think it is just soooo wonderful that you were taught by your Great-Grandmother. We are sooo blessed to be taught by such loving, knowledgable womem aren't we? I think we are lucky that we were taught at such a young age, as we are able to enjoy it for so much longer & get to do so many more patterns . I am thankful that I was able to understand & learn such a wonderful craft. It wasn't always easy as both My Mom & My Grandma were both right handed & I am a "Lefty" so it took longer but it was well worth it and alot of fun to make such beautiful things. I was lucky teaching my daughter Victoria as she is a "Lefty" as well so I am happy that I was able to teach her & continue the traditions. I am also the proud Grandmama to Jenny & Lilly & they have already shown intrest in learning so of course my heart is jumping with joy that soon they too will learn. I hope that my son Patrick will soon also bless me with more Grandbabies as he just got engaged to his girlfriend Jt, so I am making lots of baby things lol. I am also making baby items to donate & make for the homeless & for habitat for humanity & hopefully to make to put onto diaper cakes that I hope to maybe sell someday. I find that crocheting is sooo relaxing & I love to collect different patterns & find that I am constantly headed to the craft store to buy more yarn lol. Lucky for me my Hubby understands & is always eager to see the next thing that I create. He constantly spoils me with new patterns & yarn & puts up with all my projects scattered throughout the house & is always a good sport spending hours & countless money making sure I have all the crochet supplies I could ever want or need for any project I decide to take on. I am truely blessed. I am so eager to get to know you & all the other ladies on this forum & I hope that we will become great crochet buddies. I hope you have a wonderful day & lots of crochet time. Thank you again for replying & hope to hear from you soon. Your crochet friend Patti