Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

new and confused....

Hi my name is Di and I am by no means very experienced with crochet. I made a baby blanket 35 years ago for my son and then last year a blanket, jacket and bonnet for my new grandaughter. since a few other things. The problem I have the most is not being able to understand the instructions!!! Who came up with this language anyway??? I am currently working on a little sweater for my 2nd grandaughter and am halfway through but can not understand how to continue. Can anyone help me with the translation???

2. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Di and welcome to Crochet Talk! Can you post the section of the pattern that you need help with? I am sure that if I am unable to assist you, that the many wonderful and helpful members on the site, can!
    Again, welcome to the forum!

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Di! It s nice to meet you! What language? == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO Di I am Susan MJ Im a 73yr young girl here on CT. I live in Mpls.,Minnesota glad to meet you. Sounds like you are a very good crocheter just the pattern is confusing ?? You need to let us know more about pattern that confuses you. I know
    of several gals that are good at helping if they can see the pattern ? I hope you can put that on here & WE WILL HELP OK ?

We are glad you spoke up and give us a chance my new friend. Where are you from may I ask ? HUGS -- Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Di, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are very excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and enjoy meeting some really great people. I agree with Sharon and Susan M J, post the part you are having problems with and I am for sure someone will be able to help.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

8. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to our WONDERFUL Forum! I promise you won't be new and confused for long! There are some very smart and helpful people here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help. My problem is when I got to the sleeves it was going fine - sc and turn with 2 increases on 2nd and 3rd rnds.... after the 3rd round (15 sts) {I am working the pattern in size 2 so that will be the 1st note inside the () } it says: Working all increases as set by the last round, inc 1 st at each end of 2nd (2nd:3rd:3rd) and foll 3 (1:0:0) alt rounds, then on 0 (2:4:2) fol 3rd rounds, then on 0 (0:0:2) foll 4th rounds. 22 (23:26:27)sts {I know i should end up with 23 sts)
    Work 1 (2:2:3) rounds, ending with RS (WS:RS:WS) facing for next round. break yarn

I fear that maybe I should give up and find something easier to try.... any suggestions???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by campydi View Post
    Thank you all for your help. My problem is when I got to the sleeves it was going fine - sc and turn with 2 increases on 2nd and 3rd rnds.... after the 3rd round (15 sts) {I am working the pattern in size 2 so that will be the 1st note inside the () } it says: Working all increases as set by the last round, inc 1 st at each end of 2nd (2nd:3rd:3rd) and foll 3 (1:0:0) alt rounds, then on 0 (2:4:2) fol 3rd rounds, then on 0 (0:0:2) foll 4th rounds. 22 (23:26:27)sts {I know i should end up with 23 sts)
    Work 1 (2:2:3) rounds, ending with RS (WS:RS:WS) facing for next round. break yarn

I fear that maybe I should give up and find something easier to try.... any suggestions???
    This is my opinion only, and others may encourage you to keep on with it...but I say, start over and find a pattern that is easier for you to interpret. When I started crocheting again after years of not doing it, I stuck with simple projects for a while. I crochet for fun and to accomplish something I am proud of. I don't like to feel frustrated and like I don't know what I'm doing, lol.

There are lots of cute baby sweater patterns that are easy to crochet, and go together quickly. Do a google search for crochet simple baby sweater, or crochet easy baby sweater. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to a very easy baby sweater that I've made several times. It is made by just crocheting rectangles, and joining them together, but turns out really cute and is super simple to do. You can adjust the size very easily, and directions are included.

Free Crochet Baby Cardigan Pattern - Baby's First Cardi
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Di, I would love to help you.. I'm trying to help another member but I really need to see the item and the entire pattern.. It's very difficult to start with and already started pattern that tell you to go back and I don't know what happened on the "2nd and 3rd rounds" Does that make sense? Also, , I would like to welcome you to CT.. This is a forum of members that become friends very quickly.. We all are here to support and help each other.. So if you have any questions, please don not hesitate to ask... Teresa

14. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post