And I thought that I had stumbled across all the crochet groups and communities that there were online! I see Crochettalk.com has been around for over 2 years. I'm so surprised I hadn't heard of this community. I'm always excited to meet other crochet enthusiasts.

I've been a crocheter since I was 4 years old. I started with making a finger chain out of a whole 1.5 oz skein..that wrapped around my living room at the time several times. Then I moved to thread crochet and making doilies. Funny for a little guy wanting to make doilies, but it was more that I wanted to use the tiny hooks and shiny white cotton my mom had around.
I still enjoy thread crochet, but I love crocheting garments the most, then shawls or stoles or scarves, and then stuff like hats, and mitts etc. I have never tackled an afghan in 42 years!

My wife gets most of the things I make and my two teenage sons as well.

I enjoy analysing everything, so don't be surprised if I wax on and on about the shape of a stitch or how the different loops and strands of yarn interact and support each other. If I'm talking to a brick wall..that's okay...can't stop myself from pondering the details.

I also LOVE colour! My yarn stash is healthily stocked with odds and ends of left overs and one-off balls of yarn in different weights. I store my most colourful and cherished yarn skeins or balls in a glass cabinet in my office/studio.

I live about a 15-minute drive from Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.
Looking forward to getting to know folks in this community.

Cheers,