Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What goodies have you found at the Dollar Stores?

Shopping at the Dollar Stores is like being in a candy store. There is such a variety of items to be found. There are several nearby and shopping in the city at one that isn't here is a real treat!

Yesterday, I stopped at Dollar Spree just to look around. I came out of that store with fall and Christmas décor. I bought some really nice fall leaves, a Christmas banner with a snowman displayed and a Welcome banner with fall leaves pictured. Just couldn't resist buying more of their personalized(first name) note cards. Where else can you find these for just a $1.00?

Who else has found great goodies at the Dollar Stores?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes teresah, esthercarr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I worked at a dollar store for a while and it is interesting how much neat stuff goes through there. I did some shopping there for a family gift exchange that had a $10. limit and made the best gift basket. With only a few accusations of going over the limit but in actuality I didn't even spend it all. Dollar stores rock! lol

4. Likes Butterflyrose, MeerKat, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dollar Store is my Hubby's favorite Store. I give hima Certificate for there in Stocking. 3 weeks ago I found Tablet & Crayons 2/$1.00 SPECIAL yaaaaa!!!. I give to neighbors kids at Xmas along with Purses at Dollar Store !1.00 each to put crayons in, I put their names on with glitter their eye Brighten up seeing glitter????? beautiful Fall Flowers and Xmas as I have some (add in to Fall etc 2 LG POTS by front door. Butterflyrose you can find so much to use and do something with in crafting?? See yaah !!

6. Likes Butterflyrose, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet4fun, I've also made gift baskets using items from the dollar store. Even found the gift basket wrap there!YAY!

Susan, a gift certificate is a great idea! Yes, you're right! There are so many crafting items to be found. I buy arts and crafts items for cardmaking and scrapping(scrapbooks) and painting there.

8. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best was the yarn by TLC, RedHeart and Bernat. Limited colors but great anyway.

I have bought some terrific books there, picked up a few by Miss Piggy called the Diva Code to give as part of my Christmas gifts to friends. Have gotten tons of pink flamingo stuff. You never know what you will find there.

When my mom was alive and in the facility, I used to get the foam packages of butterflies, leaves, shamrocks, even basic squares and cut them into egg shapes (liked to hang them from her picture window, she was in a private suite) and then add glue and glitter to make them sparkle. Got a lot of cute things for the little entry window too.

LI Roe

10. Likes N/A, Butterflyrose, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've bought yarn at Big Lots. What dollar stores have you found yarn LI ROE? I love the crossword puzzle and some fiction books and non-fiction books found there.

What joy you brought your mother by decorating her room. I kept my mama's room decorated too.

12. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Canada we have Dollar Tree and Dollarama. I get bread, rolls, etc. at both. I've also bought yarn, crochet hooks and other craft supplies. I also get art supplies and colouring books for the grandkids there. There is a lot of other things, too many to list, that I get there. I also get gift cards there for my autistic youngest son so he can go shopping. They are some of my favourite places to shop. When I need something I try to go there first to see if I can get it cheap.

14. Likes Butterflyrose, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=butterflyrose;107992]I've bought yarn at Big Lots. What dollar stores have you found yarn LI ROE? I love the crossword puzzle and some fiction books and non-fiction books found there.

What joy you brought your mother by decorating her room. I kept my mama's room decorated too.[/QUOTE]

I bought the yarn at Dollar Tree. I keep checking since you never know when it will be back.

Now I use the items on my windows in my home from her room, keeps her with me a little more.

LI Roe

16. Likes N/A, Butterflyrose, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just went today as its Hubbys Favorite Store. We are going Sunday as The one farther away has frozen items, bread. I picked up today 4 Baskets to give to My Brother Filled with things from our Family Keepsakes (hes been asking about etc so I wrap I put in a basket decorated of course & add Fire Matches he loves (has 3) fireplace's ?? Hair Bands for crocheting around for
    little girls hair & up . Colour Books 8 for neighbor kids & some ones 4 kids sh sh sh ). Sunday we;ll see. FUN

18. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten yarn at Dollar Tree also, they used to have more than they do now though. Shells, candles (I refuse to pay more than a dollar for a candle) silk flowers and various other craft items. I also got a great pair of craft scissors at Dollar General, they are heavy duty and will cut almost anything so I had to go back and get some for my friend LOL!
    Dinah

20. Likes teresah liked this post