Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

The hooker meeting is cancelled!!

I don't am so disappointed that I really have no words. If you have made a reservation you need to cancel it immediately to make sure you are not charged for it. I have spent 4 of the hardest days of my life working the yard sale. I spent over $200 on a canopy to use for the sale and I also spent 2 hard days getting the items ready to sell. The remaining funds will go toward my expenses and as compensation for work done. If you donated something to the sale and it is unsold I will be glad to mail it back to you or I will donate it to a local charity that has a sale to try to get an adoption center here for unwanted animals. Message me and if you want an item returned I will be glad to mail it back if you will send the postage required. SO VERY SAD THAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what is going on with the everyone involved in this meeting, since it is not really a Crochet Talk event. I hope you get things worked out behind the scenes. I just want to make sure that there are not issues here in the forums.

Do you have an email list of those who you need to contact about the changes? If there are any members who have questions, can they send you a private message? Thanks for letting us know Faye - I know you have not been feeling well and I hope you get to feeling better.

Life can be so crazy at times - my daughter had two heart surgeries last year. The doctors were hoping she would be able to wait three to five more years before they had to do anything. She is scheduled to go back in the beginning of May.

Let me know if you need anything that I may be able to help with.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Barbara G.;129483]I am not sure what is going on with the everyone involved in this meeting, since it is not really a Crochet Talk event. I hope you get things worked out behind the scenes. I just want to make sure that there are not issues here in the forums.

Do you have an email list of those who you need to contact about the changes? If there are any members who have questions, can they send you a private message? Thanks for letting us know Faye - I know you have not been feeling well and I hope you get to feeling better.

Life can be so crazy at times - my daughter had two heart surgeries last year. The doctors were hoping she would be able to wait three to five more years before they had to do anything. She is scheduled to go back in the beginning of May.

Let me know if you need anything that I may be able to help with.[/QUOTE]

Twinfaye, I am so sorry I couldn't even attend, unfortunately due to emergency, preventative and a little cosmetic work on my house that needed to be done, it cost me over $9,000 which was way more than I had anticipated so that set me back big time. But thank you for what you tried to do to make it happen.

Barbara, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter for this upcoming surgery. Stay strong and know that your friends on CT are thinking of you.

Roe

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing that I know that needs to be done except for everyone who made a reservation to cancel it. I'm sorry to hear that Tori is still having health issues. Yes, my life has been not such an easy life. My leg is acting up and Mama is still having to stay in the hospital and that requires me to go back and forth and my leg is not happy about all the walking. I hate to disappoint anyone but the meeting was just not going to happen with less than a handful of people. I don't have a list of people but Kay has some of the reservations and also JeanMarie might have an up to date account. Maybe it was not meant to be but I was so hopeful. I still plan to meet some of the people even if I have to drive all over the US.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye I am so sorry there will be no hookers meeting it really sounded like fun and I know you were looking forward to it. I knew there was no way I could go but I would have loved to. I sure hope your leg gets better I know what it's like to practical live at the hospital!! Still praying for your mother, you and Kaye! Pray you will have a restful night. (((HUGS))) sending big hugs your way!! Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye it is a shame that the meeting will not be taking place, but as soon as I get a vehicle this year (I pray) I will be coming down to see you sweetie. You're one of my besties and I love you so if you need me you know how to get in touch. Prayers for your Momma and your family. Love ya, Betty Lynn

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    Even though I couldn't attend the meeting, I know it was very important to you and the others who could. I am sorry it won't be able to happen.

Barbara, Please know you and your daughter are in my prayers. Please let us all know how her surgery goes in May.

Hugs to you all,
    Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, I am so sad that I will not get to meet you as I really, really was looking forward to meeting your sister and mom and 'specially YOU. I count you as one of my very best friends on here if not THE best one! Some time when my family is going to Arkansas, maybe I can get them to bring me to your house to see you! Or maybe Jimmy will find a place to ride his bike close to where you live and I can spend the day with you.

One time I drove the car ahead of him and would wait till he caught up with me, then I would go ahead of him again and park and wait for him. He had planned on riding his bike all the way to John's in Arkansas. We got over half way there and the shoulder ran out and became too dangerous for him to ride on the highway so we called John and told him where we were "hung-up" and he suggested that we put the bike in the back of the car and just drive the rest of the way there . That's what we ended up doing.

I want you to know that I will be praying for you and your Mom and Barbara's daughter too. I hope you get to feeling better soon. And you can have whatever I sent that you would like to have and do whatever you want to do with the rest of it. You put a lot of really hard work into that I know. It is really a big disappointment to have to cancel the meeting. Love and hugs to you. Your friend forever, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 04-17-2014 at 06:03 PM.

12. Thanks Lili thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Redhead!! You are one of my favorite people and I want to meet you. I am thinking of a trip to meet my special friends. Not that I have a vehicle that would make it now but I am hoping to have one soon. You have been such a dear and so many others on here are friends but I can not visit everyone. love and hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't been on here for a few days what with computer problems and Easter....just now saw this post....I'm disappointed too. I was so looking forward to meeting folks. You may donate anything that you might have left that I sent.