Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  94
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    MPLS, MN Got allmost 3 " snow yesterday, today will be single digits ( -6 degrees ) COLD as A FREEZER My cat like to cuddle Thats extra warm hehe. 2 degrees now at 10:30pm Thursday. Susan MJ

2. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, It wasn't that cold here in East Tn. Today was in the 50's. Had to run the air. But by the weekend it is going to turn real cold again. It rained today. So that will bring in that cold weather.

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in the area getting hit yesterday & today. Looks like we got about 3 inches overnight but iw was mixed with sleeting, freezing rain. We are supposed to get another 4 to 8 inches and its already coming down this morning. In our area, its the power lines we have to worry about. They snap under the weight of the ice. We are stocked up on food, water and firewood if we need it. Hope everyone else comes through this safely.

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my son lives in Memphis. I am on phone with him now. He said, that they have some snow, a lot sleet, ice. They have an emergency warning out. I worry about him, kids. He said he is not going out no where. The kids and my son is just fine.

8. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunshine and 81 degrees.

Yeah, snow men are supposed to be made with 3 snowballs and have sticks or twigs for arms. I have a Christmas kit for making some snow men and not only do they have only two snowballs, a head and a body, they have crocheted arms, too. LOL! Too funny.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize everyone! I have been so sick with a cold since last Thursday, couldn't get in to dr. until tomorrow Friday night we had rain rain and more rain, which we need here for the farmers and their trees especially the many many acres of oranges that go around our house! I got up Saturday morning and took my 3 little girls ( doggies), it was so cold and frozen! The trees still had ice cycles hanging from them at 10am! It did warm up a little by 1pm to about 50 degrees, the sun was out so it wasn't to bad! OK! I can't remember who said they were crocheting smurfs or making smurfs, I have patterns for them just haven't made any yet! I did crochet an extra snowball on my snowman, crocheted a carrot nose, and a top hat! I used bells for his shirt buttons which turned out cuter than I thought! I haven't crocheted his stick arms yet! I just barely found a pattern with the arms like that! OH YAH!i crocheted him a sparkly green scarf! I will take pictures and post soon as I figure his mouth and get his arms done! Everyone PLEASE STAY SAFE AND WARM! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MAND!

Post Thanks / Like
    Manda, I hope that you are feeling better today. Please stay warm, eat comfort foods and get lots of rest.(((Hugs)))

It's 32, ice covering the streets, school closings and advisory to travel: stay off the roads! Not enough snow to make a snowman!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

13. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear you been sick. Hope you feel better. You make sure you stay warm. Take good care of yourself.ok.

15. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are feeling better also.

We had a bit of light snow last night (Sunday) which eventually turned to rain by this morning and it was gone. However, it is supposed to snow a little bit more and the amounts will vary in different parts of Long Island. Figures, I have a hobby club meeting tomorrow morning (can walk there even in snow showers, not that far) and then leave since I want to turn in some items. All of a sudden, they got requests for a lot of stuff. Then in the afternoon, there is the local Fire Dept elections, again within walking distance. Safer to me than driving. Right now it is damp and overcast and a little chilly.

For those who are experiencing really bad ice and snow and bad weather, please be careful and stay safe.

LI Roe

17. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Today it is 23 degrees for our lows and 44 degrees for our highs WOOHOO! I'm tellin you a snowman is built with 3 snowballs crocheted or otherwise! LOL! Can make a fourth to throw! HEHE! LOVE MANDA!
    Manda, why don't you send me a very tiny, itty-bitty whisper of some of that cool air? LOL! Not too much, mind you, just a whiff, just enough to wear a sweater when I go out.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

19. Likes amanda liked this post