Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  91
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iistok View Post
    The error message appear only on the front page? - A yellow column state that 'you are guess to the CT. limited asset to the forum. you must register........
    when I start to read any title open up the next window. the yellow column no longer seen? yes, I was able to post.

Ivy
    Barbara G I am having trouble... I think...maybe not .... I realize all the above posts are from way back but I just now tried to get into CrochetTalk and coudn't (in yellow..just a browser and not a member!?) Then I went to the bottom of the page and tried to send a message in the Contact Us area and suddenly I am in CT and everything seems to be ok . I left CT and came back and the same message again . I will try again. redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead - sometimes there are issues with people getting logged on through the newsletter. Viewers are using different browsers, different computers, some have software updated, some do not - it is hard to know exactly what is causing the issue. I do get email on the help desk from time to time about the issue and have let the admin know so he can just make sure everything is okay on our end.

It is better to log into the forums at www.crochettalk.com as a member and view the new posts if there are challenges. When you log in, you can also access all the new topics as compared to a selected number of them.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Nuff said.

Hugs
    marge

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    What is considered spam here? I have no idea...have I accidentally done it?
    thx,
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Cathy2 View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    What is considered spam here? I have no idea...have I accidentally done it?
    thx,
    Cathy
    Spam is when you post things totally unrelated here in the forums for the purpose of gaining traffic to your site, mainly. Crochet and knitting sites are fine. If you are an active member and post a link in the general chat about a blog you have that is family friendly - this is not an issue and would not be considered spam.

Another form of spam would be to post the same message over and over to the point that it is aggravating to the members. Hope this helps you and don't worry you are doing just fine! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, thank you for explaining what spam is and for taking the time to ensure that this forum is "spam free"! I receive a lot of spam on my email account and it's quite annoying! Thank you for all that you do for Crochet Talk!

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    TY Barbara.I also will be looking out.. I just don't understand why some idiots have to try to ruin a great thing...Teresa

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for explaining spamming Was afraid I did something and didn't know it. Thanks for taking such good care of our site. Your awesome

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, I love your owl avitar. Sooooo cute !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    It is so nice to be in a spam free environment!! Thank you, Barbara, for all your hard work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kathy for asking I didn't know what spamming was either I thought it was things you wouldn't want to see or hear. Debbie