Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Flower Garden

Post Thanks / Like

Flower Garden

Hi Butterflyrose I'm going to try and post some pics of our flowers hope it works!! Winnie
    Attached Images Attached Images Flower Garden-image-jpg Flower Garden-image-jpg Flower Garden-image-jpg Flower Garden-image-jpg 

2. Thanks dancingbaehr, Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are so pretty, I can't have any Bulb type flowers. The moles eat them. I saw Daffadills around here today and they are beutiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a shame! My daughter said they lost a lot last year to a groundhog that lived next door I hope he is gone now!! I also was checking on line and found a place that sells deer, rabbit and mole deterrent for your flowers and veg I think my daughter is going to order some I will let you know when I find out what it is. I just love flowers but never had them except for cut flowers in a vase! It's so nice to have your own and if you want to fut them and bring them in you can. Have a good night will talk to you later love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, they look so pretty. I tried planting bulbs and they never really came up the way they should (I did plant them the right way, know if you do it upside down, that doesn't work, LOL) but I wasn't happy with the result. So I just plant my flowers in flower pots and they do very well.

Roe

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Your flowers are just lovely! I had a bunch of yellow daffodils and some crocus, but they are all finished flowering now. Now, my Periwinkles are blooming. I have a lot of ferns in my front yard bed and they are just beginning to come up. My iris has sprung up, but they haven't bloomed yet. I hope my Knockout roses survived the harsh winter. They don't look too good right now.
    Please post more photos of your flowers as they bloom. I'd love to see them
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like

Flower Garden

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Winnie,
    Your flowers are just lovely! I had a bunch of yellow daffodils and some crocus, but they are all finished flowering now. Now, my Periwinkles are blooming. I have a lot of ferns in my front yard bed and they are just beginning to come up. My iris has sprung up, but they haven't bloomed yet. I hope my Knockout roses survived the harsh winter. They don't look too good right now.
    Please post more photos of your flowers as they bloom. I'd love to see them
    Hugs, Jo
    Hi Jo, I do hope your roses survive! I love all roses all colors!! My daughter planted some more flowers today! I think when everything is blooming it will be super nice!! The gladiolus have broken through the ground so it won't be too long for them. The snapdragons are not as tall as I thought they would be. The dianthus are starting to bloom really good now and for Easter I bought my daughter a real pretty flower I had never seen before even my daughter hasn't I will have to sent you pic of it I don't remember the name of it but will tell you when I post pic. Gotta get my beauty rest now!! Goodnight love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,

Your garden sounds so beautiful! What a nice variety of flowers you have. I can't wait to see more pics! We live in the woods and we don't get a lot of full sun, so I mostly have shade plants. They aren't as beautiful and vibrant as sun plants. We had one big tree fall down over the winter while we were away. Thank God it fell toward the woods! If we have many more trees fall, maybe I'll be able to have a sunny flower garden after all! Just kidding! Take care, Girlfriend and have a good day.
    Hugs, Jo
    Here are some pics from last year. As you can see, I didn't do much weeding!
    Flower Garden-dscn6531-jpg Flower Garden-dscn6524-jpg Flower Garden-dscn5531-jpg Flower Garden-dscn5505-jpg Flower Garden-dscn5517-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Jo, I do hope your roses survive! I love all roses all colors!! My daughter planted some more flowers today! I think when everything is blooming it will be super nice!! The gladiolus have broken through the ground so it won't be too long for them. The snapdragons are not as tall as I thought they would be. The dianthus are starting to bloom really good now and for Easter I bought my daughter a real pretty flower I had never seen before even my daughter hasn't I will have to sent you pic of it I don't remember the name of it but will tell you when I post pic. Gotta get my beauty rest now!! Goodnight love and hugs Winnie
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 04-22-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo, I think your garden is pretty I'm sue everything wasn't blooming in these pics were they? What kind of flower was the hummingbird on? It's beautiful and we love the hummingbirds we have several families that seem to return every year! Yes thank God the tree fell towards the woods!! Doing some cleaning while I'm packing so I gotta get back to work :-) talk to you later have a good day love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    The flower is my Joseph's Coat Climbing Rose. I was just standing there, taking photos of the beautiful bloom, when the hummingbird flew right in front of me ... right in front of my camera lens! How lucky is that?! No, everything wasn't blooming yet.
    I'm looking forward to meeting you when you get back to KY. Have a safe flight!!
    Big Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Jo, I think your garden is pretty I'm sue everything wasn't blooming in these pics were they? What kind of flower was the hummingbird on? It's beautiful and we love the hummingbirds we have several families that seem to return every year! Yes thank God the tree fell towards the woods!! Doing some cleaning while I'm packing so I gotta get back to work :-) talk to you later have a good day love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I would have been so excited over the hummingbird I probably would have dropped the camera or phone or whatever I was using!! I will have to tell my daughter about that rose I don't think I've ever heard of it it's gorgeous! She's already told her husband next year she wants to add a rose garden :-) I will be one happy mom!! Ttyl hugs Winnie