Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever go to thrift and resale stores for frames; like good will. Sometimes they are even cheaper.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dollar stores are the best! Craft supplies, yarn, socks, stocking stuffers and cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the name of the soap so I can try it if they have it?

Quote Originally Posted by vikicooks View Post
    There is one kind of soap that I am not allergic to and I can get it at our Dollar store! Much more expensive at the Drug store, so I stock up when I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother is a devoted shopper of the 99 cent store. I marvel at the deals she finds. She has actually gotten tubs of different cookie dough to bake - the big ones schools sell for fund raisers for .99 each. The schools sell them for approx. $15-$20. She's purchased Carter's Onesies, sleepers, top name-brand slippers, socks, and all kinds of food items much more expensive at regular markets. The best buy she found was fantastic steaks (2 to a package; flash frozen)! She stocked her freezer well.

She LOVES .99 stores!!

5. Likes N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a fun thread.

Measuring cups for dry measures! Usually they have a free set of measuring spoons to go with them. I use the cups as scoops in all my canisters of flour, sugar, coffee, etc.

Another good buy is gift wrapping paper and the colored wrapping tissues. Also, the pretty gift bags to stick your presents in!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Did you ever go to thrift and resale stores for frames; like good will. Sometimes they are even cheaper.
    Excellent, Phaedra. It's a great and thrifty way to buy frames. And sometimes the pictures in them are very nice.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like

Family Dollar

Hi, I live in CA and go to Family Dollar periodically. I really found some great and inexpensive items recently. I make cookies for my neighbors and this year I found Betty Crocker cookie mix for a dollar a package. Needless to say I bought as many as I could. I will save on baking supplies this year. I also found some great toys for the kids in the family.

9. Likes karenlatlas, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Big Lots yesterday and went to the food section. This is what I got: package of linguine, diced tomatoes, jar of pasta sauce, minestrone soup, chili, fruit cocktail, tropical fruit, diced tomatoes/lime juice & cilantro, whole kernel corn, parmesan fettucini pasta, tortilla chips, soda, bread and chicken 'n' noodles fixins'. Wow, was I enjoying the variety of items to be found!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

11. Likes karenlatlas, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, everybody! Haven't been here in a few weeks, for several reasons, but I won't bore you.

I sometimes stock up on grocery items/canned goods at the dollar stores here, but I don't think any of them around here carry yarn or much in the way of craft supplies. The only two places I can buy yarn is at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Big Lots had some yarn a few years ago, but it was off brand stuff and not good quality. There are some specialty shops, but needless to say it is expensive.

I read an article a while back about what was safe to buy at dollar stores, and what items were not such a good bargain. Household items, cleaning products, and non-perishable groceries was in the safe list, but it cautioned to check the sell-by date. Clothing items, shoes, etc. were not good bargains. Also curtains, sheets, towels, etc. are usually of poor quality. However, I did buy a bunch of towels and washcloths a few years ago that we are still using. They have not faded, and are still in pretty good shape. So if you're careful, you can buy things much cheaper than you can anywhere else. I think these bargain stores have been a godsend for people in these poor economic times. When they have big sales going on, you can really save money!

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi my hubby's favorite store is Deal Store everything a dollar or less some times OR 2/$1,00 . At some stores have bread and freezer item and tried and like them. Our Family Dollar Stores are $1 and up. pretty good on paper products, Bath & kitchen
    items. Our door garden items too. have to save when you can. Have a nice Sunday !!