Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

how did you choose your name?

I am so curious as to how everyone has come up with their names here on CT. There are so many interesting ones. I have heard about how a few came about, but would love to hear more. There may be a thread on here that has this info, but I didn't see it. Thanks!
    Mine was more an error than a plan. lol I was trying and not having a clue what I was doing and then when I thought I deleted before I hit enter.... I found out that I didn't. Instead of having it changed, I decided to just let it go. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is easy! First name last initial! LOL

3. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    First grandson. Judy

5. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My grandma name is "Bugga", and I live in Oklahoma. So, Bugga in OK.

My first grandson was just beginning to talk. He could say all kinds of words, but he would not say Grandma, or Nana, or MiMi, or any other traditional grandma nick names. For whatever reason, he insisted on calling me Bugga. We would say Grandma - he would say Bugga! So Bugga it was. I now have 18 beautiful grandkids, and they have all called me "Bugga".

The little boy who started it when he was about a year and a half is now a handsome, tall 23-year-old young man. It still tugs at my heart to hear him say "Bugga" in his deep baritone voice!

PS If you look at the big purple cat in my avatar, you can see it says "Bugga". It was drawn by my artistic granddaughter when she was only 5 years old!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I live on Long Island (NY) and my real name is Roseanna but most people call me Roe. So I am LI Roe.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I live on Long Island (NY) and my real name is Roseanna but most people call me Roe. So I am LI Roe.

LI Roe
    Roe is such a cute nickname, and different from Rose.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    My first name is elizabeth but I've always been called betty last name begins with a --b- and I was born in the 10th month. Hence. Bettybee 10

10. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I was more inventive but Faye is my name and twin is my game! LOL I don't know where that came from.

12. Likes buggainok, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had MsBhaven for a very long time as a nic name where I play Pinochle. I have that name because you never know it I will be misbehaving or not so for those of you that have not figured it out my nic can be read 2 ways Ms. Behaven or misbehaven. I kept my Pinochle friends on their toes you never know when I would run around and give wedgies or just sit quietly

OH and btw Throws a water balloon at Twinfaye and smacks her right in the back with it hehehehehehehe
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

14. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My real name is Michele but family members called me Shelly. When I hear a familiar voice say Shelly, I know it's someone I've loved since i can remember. The seashells part is because when my brother took us to the beaches in South Carolina, I started collecting seashells and making wind chimes with driftwood and seashells. seashells_Shelly...not very inventive but it's me.
    HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

16. Likes buggainok, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post