Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like so many others, I have tried knitting and although I could manage the stitches I just don't like knitting as much as crochet. I just "get it" with crochet and it makes me happy. Knitting makes me nervous, tense, and at times on the verge of tears. Just not worth it for me.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

2. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried to teach myself to knit I do ok casting on and ok with the knit stitch but beyond that. I too have so many crochet projects on my list of things to do I feel as though I could never devote enough time to actually learning to knit better. I too rely on what I am comfortable with.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I love to knit....

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

6. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mother loved to knit. My great grandmother loved to crochet. My mom and many other tried to teach me to knit but there was no way I was getting it at all. Just as bettybee10 said, my needles wouldn't go the right way either. A friend of my mom's taught me to crochet and I've been hooked ever since. Early this year my mother in law saw a wrap that she wanted so badly but it was out of our price range. She wanted me to crochet it for her but she wanted it to look exactly like the one she saw....you guessed it, it was knitted in the stockinette stitch. So, I got myself a pair of needles, the yarn she wanted and I sat here at the computer watching YouTube videos on how to knit for over 6 hours. I finally did make the wrap she wanted and she loves it. I sure did a lot of frogging on that thing. So now I knit the ruffle scarf yarns and a few other things but crochet is my love. It's funny how I don't care for the ruffle scarves when I crochet them, but when I knit them, they come out so beautifully. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Most everyone I've ever asked do you knit and crochet, the answer is no but I (knit) or (crochet) but can't do the other at all. If I didn't love my mother in law so much, I would just be a crocheter. HUGS to all, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post