Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New Additon To The Condo!

Hi to all,

This is Willie, the new addition to the bird herd I have. Willie is a cockatiel, the owner did not want him so they asked if I would take him, and I say yes. He was free! He whistles parts of the Andy Griffith theme song on the show! And he can also do a wolf whistle!! LOL!! He is adjusting very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Additon To The Condo!-dscn0604-jpg New Additon To The Condo!-dscn0605-jpg New Additon To The Condo!-dscn0607-jpg New Additon To The Condo!-dscn0608-jpg New Additon To The Condo!-dscn0609-jpg 
    Crochet Chickadee

2. Likes amanda, MeerKat, buggainok, Nova55, b.wieber liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, he is so cute. And he is definitely in a great home.

LI Roe

4. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like he is doing well with you! Good job! Shirley

6. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for Larisa to see this she loves your birds. Did you keep all the babies you had? Pictures would be nice.

8. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, faye I have all of the babies I did not give none of them away. Willie--the cockatiel ---was a freebee!!! the owners did not want him anymore and they where going to send him to the dog pound to get rid of him ---so I grabbed him up. They are all now on the balcony outside just having a ball! I do not seriously think Willie had never been put outside to get any fresh air, he is loving it!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Can't wait for Larisa to see this she loves your birds. Did you keep all the babies you had? Pictures would be nice.
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you forget part of my question? I want pictures! Also will you have more babies in the future? Can different kinds of birds mate and form new breeds? I'm thinking of all the cross breeds in dogs. I have a feeling that they don't mix since I have never seen an eagle with canary wings!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to get some pics of the babies outside now---that is if they will stand still!!, birds only mate with their own kind, like love birds will only mate with a love bird, ect. the love bird babies will be 1 year old this October. No more babies for me, plus the parents have stopped mating all together --I guess that bunch of babies was enough for them! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Did you forget part of my question? I want pictures! Also will you have more babies in the future? Can different kinds of birds mate and form new breeds? I'm thinking of all the cross breeds in dogs. I have a feeling that they don't mix since I have never seen an eagle with canary wings!!! lol
    Crochet Chickadee

12. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cute! I have a female whose mate passed away months ago but she hangs out with our Macaw! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

14. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    He is adorable! I sometimes wonder why people get pets they do not want to raise. My Jenni cat was from animal rescue, Oliver was abandoned by a neighbour who moved and Riley is one my oldest son no longer wanted. All of them are happy here, and will never be given up. They are happy and secure here and they know it.

16. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my little birdies. For some reason they won't mate. I'm sure I have a male and a female, (the color of their beaks) but maybe the female is too young. (She's my newest addition since my last female passed :-( ) I have a breeding "box" but they never go into it. Oh, well, maybe they just want to be friends.

18. Likes libertylady64 liked this post