Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: tendonitis

Post Thanks / Like

tendonitis

Hey everyone-------has anyone ever got tentonitis from crocheting or doing plastic canvas? I got it and it is very painfull. I hate sitting watching tv catch youall later bettybee. I think I spelled that wrong tendonitis

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got tendonitis when I was working in accounting and running a calculator all day. I ended up having to have shots and wear a wrist brace. The doctor told me that it was the first step to getting carpal tunnel. So far I haven't been diagnosed with carpal tunnel but I think it's only a matter of time since I crochet a lot. LOL
    I hope yours feels better really soon Betty. Hugs, Dinah

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have it in your elbow? My mother had very long hair that she wore in a bun. She got tendonitis in her right elbow and couldn't comb her hair = hardly at all. She was thinking about getting it cut but got better. So glad. It wouldn't have been Momma without her 'bun'. Hope you get better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you dinah I have had surgery on one wrist a few years ago for carpal tunnel but this is between the wrist and elbow. _have a good day bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks magnolia its between my wrist and elbow----- they say ball players get this---- the only ball I play is balling yarn ha ha--- have a good day bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    Bettybee, I was having problems in my right arm after crocheting a rag rug, which took much more "pushing" and effort than crocheting with yarn. I googled and found out my symptoms were very similar to what they call "tennis elbow." If this is your problem, I found this wonderful little rubber exercise bar that is simple to use and really helped my symptoms. Here is a link to the product on Amazon. If you read the reviews you can see that it really helped lots of folks, even more than injections and physical therapy. I recommend it. It cost $17 and has been a big help:

Amazon.com: Thera-Band Flex Bars - LIGHT - Red: Health & Personal Care
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

9. Likes AuntieAlice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had it a few years ago in of all places, in a particular finger don't ask LOL, and went for a cortisone shot. I found when I crocheted, it hurt a bit less (dr said it was because I was moving it but told me not to crochet until it was cleared, I asked him if I could crochet for just a little amount of time each day and he laughed and said he was not making any deals).
    I had to take a couple of shots but then it went away and (knock wood), it hasn't returned. It was in my right hand (am right-handed).

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had tendonitis seems like forever. At one point dr told me, you come in again for this and I'm putting you in a cast if you won't stop using your hand. Yep, I ended up in a cast for 6 weeks. Both my kids were still babies so I was changing diapers, tying baby shoes, getting them dressed, feeding them, etc. All that was really hard with a cast but I did it. When he took the cast off, I had no pain from the tendonitis. He told me then (my kids are 37 & 36) that the only way tendonitis will get better is to rest the part(s) that hurt. He's right but that's not always practical. When I was working, I had a "tennis elbow" band on each arm, band on each wrist and taped around fingers that were hurting. I guess I looked like I was turning into a robot but I was able to do my job without pain or meds. If I'm working on a project now that bothers my tendonitis, I tape or use bands that wrap around like for tennis elbow and keep on working. If you don't take care of it early on, it only gets worse so I take care before it's too awful. HUGS everyone, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do about tendonitis in the foot? Stop walking? My doctor gave me a prescription for Voltaren Gel but it does not really seem to do much for it. I have been limping for a month and now have my knee out of whack. Doc said next step would be cortisone shot in the foot. Don't like those things, have had them in knuckle, shoulder and elbow and they really smart. Also, they hurt like the dickens for about 2 weeks before they kick in with pain relief. I have RA so tend to have these other problems pop up from time to time. Thank God it is not in my hand. That would prevent me from crocheting! And that would be a disaster for me:-)

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tendonitis.....I have it in both feet and ankles. The best thing for tendonitis is rest but how do you rest your feet????? I haven't figured it out yet and I've been trying. When it's really bad, I prop up my feet and use heating pads. I always end up making my hips hurt when the tendonitis is bad in my feet because I walk so goofy. I just try to rest and elevate my feet as much as I can until the flareup decides to flaredown. Wish I could tell you I know how to make it better but I don't, I just have learned how to cope with it since I've had it just about forever. I keep crocheting or knitting so I must be ok (or not). Hang in there selegear....HUGS, Shelly
    Last edited by seashells_Shelly; 09-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....