Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: tendonitis

Post Thanks / Like
    I had tendonitis in my Achilles tendon when I was teaching school and had to have a cortisone shot in the heal but it really helped after the initial pain. I wore slippers every day for a few weeks after that and it improved. For years now I do not wear anything with a back on the shoe (just sandals and clogs) to prevent it coming back and to avoid more damage to the bunions! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally someone with good information for me to help the tendonitis in my feet and ankles. My husband recently bought me a pair of Crocs that are really comforatble. The are "blind my eyes out" white. I'll have to add some buttons or something and sew them there the holes are in the top to tone down the white before I get arrested for illegal brightness hindering drivers or something like that. The shoes are so bright white I just know there has to be some law or ordinance against that much brightness. From your helpful information, I will make a conscious effort to wear them more often instead of sneakers. Thanks, Shirley......HUGS, Shelly. BTW, I wanted to ask you if you are planning to attend the 2014 Hooker meeting in TN? I am seriously considering going but I haven't gotten any replies from anyone I've tried to get information from (bad me, ended sentence with a preposition or dangling participle or something that I know isn't grammatically correct; but, I just can't remember what)
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

3. Likes charlye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Shelly: Crocs are very good cuz they have good arch support too. I found a pair of Croc sandals for my daughter and they are not quite as clunky as the regular Crocs but they are very comfy too. Hers are navy and purple and she loves them!!!

I am planning to go to the meeting. There is a lot of info on the forum 2014 Hookers Mtg. I think Friday night Faye and her sister are having us all for dinner. There is a hotel called The Inn and there are also some cabins for rent. The town is Pikeville TN. I think the phone # for the hotel is on the forum. I need to go back and reread it. I think it will be so awesome to meet people we talk to every day!

5. Likes seashells_Shelly, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just diagnosed with severe tendonitis in-between the MCP and Basal joints of my thumb in my right hand. I have to wear a thumb brace and give it complete rest for 3-6 weeks. If that doesn't work then its cortisone shots. I can't wait to be able to crochet again.It 's my sanity keeper...don't get to close right now..it gets scarey!Sure am getting a lot of my Bible read!

7. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the brace AuntyD. Many years ago I was in a cast because I wouldn't listen to the doctor and give my hand complete rest. But both my children were very young (3 and 1) so how do you rest your hands? Well, he put me in a cast for 6 weeks. When he removed the cast, my tendonitis was so much better....no more pain and I could move my thumb and hand. Never did have to have shots and now I know when I get the tendonitis pain anywhere to put on my braces and take it easy as much as I can. Tendonitis is so very painful....I sympathize with you. I guess maybe God was telling you to read His word and so now you are. I pray that is bringing you comfort of the spirit ....HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Tendonitis.... I have it in my thumb and elbow I got it from working it from working in productions, it bothers me when I crochet for a long period of time. Hope you feel better Betty.

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi seashells Shelly,
    what information are you looking for?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I got it in my elbow several years ago from knitting, and dealing with straight knitting needles and heavy large knitting project. I switched to circular needles and had no trouble since. I use them same as straight needles. Very recently took up crochet because of ergonomic needles and had no trouble since.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tendonitis in my right thumb due to crocheting so much. Im wearing splint & havent crocheted-in weeks to months. Anyone have this? Wondering how much longer till I can start-crocheting again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sellegear. I too have tendonitis in my feet and ankles as well as many other places around my body. My doctor, knowing that I don't like to take meds, recommended wearing an ankle brace. I got mine at Wal-Mart a number of years ago and find they really help. When the tendonitis first starts flaring up. I even sleep with the brace on so my ankle can relax. The name of the brace is MUELLER and one size fits all. It comes with metal inside and outside the ankle. I cut the material and removed the metal because it aggravated my tendonitis. But without the metal, the brace works great. Now that I am recovering from breaking my left ankle in February, I use this brace at times instead of the larger walking brace as I am being weened off the brace. Hope this helps. Hugs, Shelly

15. Likes jakesgrandma, Susan2014 liked this post