Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Thanks Kay it seems that the start of the year has everyone stirred up and excited about our meeting.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that we'd have more interest and I also knew it was a matter of saving money for others. Like I said, I'll call on Monday and see what I get and we'll go from there. How have you been? Want to wish you happy New Year! God bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    If they cancel the retreat in Huntsville, Crochetville. My daughter and I may come, we both live in TN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, everyone. I did hear from Connie on the reservations. Count-wise for the cabins & Inn we have 8 people with reservations that totals to 20 people. We have 3 cabins reserved and 3 bedrooms at the Inn.

There are still 3 cabins still available. All reservations have to be done by April 25, 2014.

If you have any questions for me, please send a Private Message. I am also waiting on some answers back from Connie concerning the reservations. If numbers change, I will let everyone know. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the current Six (6) reservations: Billie Conrad - 1 Cabin; Eva Stone - 1 Cabin; Pam Beacham - 1 Cabin; Mark & Jean De Wall - 1 Room Inn; Karen Hoagland - 1 Room Inn; Judith James - 1 Room Inn.

The meeting is scheduled for June 6, 7, & 8 (Friday, Sat., & Sun.), 2014 at Falls Creek Falls State Park, Pikeville, TN Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls - you make your own reservation at 1-800-250-8610 (ask for Connie and tell her you are with the 2014 Hooker Gathering Group) There will be a meal together Friday night at someone's home. Other meals to be decided. There will be some classes, etc. still in the planning stage.
    The cabins are $115.00 per night (2-night required plus tax) and allow up to 8 people in each cabin (sharing a double bed). We do not charge per person in the cabin, just a charge per cabin p/night. We have two types of cabins: Fisherman cabins: two bedrooms with 2 beds in each room, 1 and ½ bath, directly on the lake. Landside cabins: same sleeping arrangement w/1 bath. One cabin that allows pets and is a landside cabin. $15.00/night per pet.
    The Inn: 2 double beds or a king bed: 2 people in a double room is $79.00 plus tax, for a senior, 62 or older will have a 10% discount. King bed is $88.00 plus tax, there again 10% for seniors. Pets are in the rooms with 2 dbl beds not king bedrooms. Pet fee of $15.00 p/night per pet. Each additional person 16 or older after the first two adults will be additional charge p/night of $10.00. Up to 5 people in a room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops. Forgot to mention again: There are still 3 cabins still available. All reservations have to be done by April 25, 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kay the Friday dinner is at my twin's home and is furnished by me. It will be simple Southern food but I hope it will be good and represent the style of food in this area. Her home is bigger and that is why I am doing it here. Everyone is welcome and we will visit and chat and there might be a borad game or cards or anything we want to do. I hope to have a fire out by her lake in the back yard and we might have smores too. Maybe hot dogs if anyone wants to. All family members are invited. No one has to come but it will be a chance to talk and discover if the pictures are close to what we have seen and those we haven't a clue about we can match to what we thought they looked like. I am so excited. I will need a firm number by the April 25th deadline that we have for the cabins and rooms. Can' wait!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Faye. I'll keep asking for an update twice a month and more closer to the deadline. The hard part about the counts are those that are coming and sharing rooms or are still waiting. If you look at my one post I said 8 reservations. They had your name down for 2 cabins. So then I had to revise the count to 6 who have made reservations. I'm trying my best and will stay on top of this. I just hope no one slips through the cracks. That's my worry. Hey, good idea about board games and/or cards. I also can't wait. Hey, question: I just told my best friend about this weekend. She crochets (rarely). Would it be okay to bring her along?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh! pushed the wrong button and lost my post. Hate that!!Okay I said yes bring anyone you want. Also the cabins in my name are available to anyone of our group they are not for me as I will be staying at home. You are doing a great job and we should do as you suggest and keep posting. I am hoping some our new friends will decide to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, this is important if you want to attend the meeting you need to let Kay know! We need to know how many people are coming to plan activities. You need to go thru Kay so that you have all the info needed to make a reservation thru our group. Anyone coming who can not afford a room may pm me and I will try to find you a bed at my house or Kaye's. Patty you have been moved from Kaye's to my house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Okay, this is important if you want to attend the meeting you need to let Kay know! We need to know how many people are coming to plan activities. You need to go thru Kay so that you have all the info needed to make a reservation thru our group. Anyone coming who can not afford a room may pm me and I will try to find you a bed at my house or Kaye's. Patty you have been moved from Kaye's to my house.
    OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S GREAT!I still want to meet your sister and your mom.I Know I am gonna love them both. I really, REALLY, REALLY want to come ! I am looking forward to it. If I have a reservation anywhere I guess it is with YOU!Can't wait!!!!!! love, Patty