Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Goodie Bags for 2014 Meeting in TN

Hi:

I am working on the goodie bags for the 2014 meeting in TN. I would like to make them special and a surprise (mostly) if I can. If anyone has any ideas to share please PM me. More hugs, Shirley

2. Likes billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What is this meeting you are talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you get lots of good ideas!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: It is the 2014 Hookers Mtg in Pikeville, TN. I believe it is the first weekend in June 2014. I was going to write and ask if you were going to come to it because I will go through MN and visit with son and kids first before I go down there. It is 800 miles from MN to Pikeville, TN. I will probably drive unless Tom decides to drive us. I know there are hotels to stay in, transportation in the works, activities being worked out etc. Go to info on 2014 Hookers Mtg. It is not sponsored by Crochet Talk but just a bunch of us wanting to see and meet/greet and share and crochet!!!! We also talked about making 6 x 6 inch squares made out of worsted acrylic yarn to share and then everyone who goes would have quilt pieces to put together for themselves.

Faye and Kaye are basically "hosting us" and Faye may have more to input here. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shirley. I waded through the posts about this, but there were so many that I gave up. It sounds like a fun time. Is there more info on the FB posting? How long will this last? How many squares are we making? Do have just a very rough guess of a cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: I should go back and read through it all too. I know we are doing enough squares for everyone to have one of everyone elses, so depending on how many sign up, 20-30 maybe? No edging or anything just the square, and then we can each put the afghan together depending on what you want, as a souvenir of the meeting and seeing everyone! I think the mtg is Fri, Sat and lv Sunday. I know Faye was talking about Kaye planning dinner for everyone for Friday night at her house, but don't quote me on that. There is someone in charge of lodging I think but again I am not sure who it is. I know too that there is a hotel called The Inn and some are staying there. Cost is getting there, the hotel or whatever, and stuff we want to buy!!!!! Like I said I will try to go back and reread some of the posts and put it together better.

Are you doing OK? Have a great day. Hugs, Shirley

8. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This post needs bumping up for the new members

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    This post needs bumping up for the new members
    Faye, I thought Trude would be sharing a room at Kaye's with me. Do I have the wrong person? I am still planning on riding with Shirley I think. Please set me straight if I am wrong. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I put as many posts as I could find to bring everyone up to date. Patty, I'll look and let you know but there are two bedrooms at Kaye's and I know you have one and I'll look at my notes. Hmm, I have Patty and Janine at Kaye's but nothing is in concrete and Kaye also has a blow up queen mattress that we could use in my bedroom. I am determined to have a room for everyone I can. Kaye and I are making the Friday meal at her house and of course it is free.