Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I received a malignant colorectal diagnosis in April anytime the "C" word is used it is panic. I got the cath port inserted into my chest began chemo with the infusion pump and did the M-F trips to the radiologist along with the chemo. Completed in mid June and in July started the 2nd round of opinions. The first surgeon said permanent colostomy second surgeon said no. Wrong procedure for me, too soon, would not could not heal blah blah blah I would need a pannelectomy to remove what they call a large pannis. I call hanging chad. Confusion and fear to the max. After more apts with oncologists radiologists and tests ct pet and MRI scans I still am waiting for a final answer. I am still healing after the chemo and rad therapies. For now I keep my bottom what is ahead is just not knowable. That is the hardest part. Reading your post gives me courage that I am not the only one to have to deal with this. Imagine me finding you on a crochet site. I am 63. Getting older is not for sissies. I don't refer to myself as a senior but a survivor. So Lacylady you go girl. Trust me there are a heck of a lot of us going through these procedures. I will keep my eyes open for a clutch with a button. Good Luck I hope you can find a suitable pattern.

2. Likes buggainok, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Roxane: I am so sorry you are coping with this disease too. My aunt had diabetes and healing her bottom was terribly hard for her. They put her in a nursing home and attached some kind of a pump to help the healing process however she ended up with basically what appeared to be a tail. It was so hard for her to sit and move around. She had surgery and part of her bowel had herniated outside. The doctor fixed it and she at least was able to sit more comfortably.

So, perhaps making the decision on what to do slowly is the best for you. I hope things will ease up for you and you will heal well. Radiation and chemo are hard on a person and you should rest as much as you can! Saying prayers for you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krochet annie View Post
    Place 1 aspirin 325 mg tab in the bag before you put it on. It eats away at bacteria and odor. If you put a pin prick in the top of the bag, the gas doesn't build up and this helps prevent
    "blow outs." There is also a product called "Nil-odor". You place a few drops in the bag and it helps kill the odor. Most pharmacies carry it. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for that tip, do you need a prescrition for the Nil odor, that will be great for my husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    No script needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info. I am ready to try anything once. Appreciate your's and everyone elses help, it is the support I need right now!
    Always,
    lacylady

Post Thanks / Like
    I too, am surprised to find so many supportive people on this site. Doctors can "make your head spin" with do this, no, do that etc. so I am forever thankful that I came across this site. I plan to start on the clutch pattern that was posted from Lion Brand patterns. I also would like to say what a true JOY it is to meet so many wonderful people without really "meeting" them. Yes, we all do have our stories and I only hope I can be half as much help to others on this site, as they have been to me!!
    Sincerely,
    lacylady

8. Likes karenlatlas, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lacylady View Post
    I too, am surprised to find so many supportive people on this site. Doctors can "make your head spin" with do this, no, do that etc. so I am forever thankful that I came across this site. I plan to start on the clutch pattern that was posted from Lion Brand patterns. I also would like to say what a true JOY it is to meet so many wonderful people without really "meeting" them. Yes, we all do have our stories and I only hope I can be half as much help to others on this site, as they have been to me!!
    Sincerely,
    lacylady
    We're so happy to have you here, Lacylady. And yes, the internet can be a great place for making friends you would never come in contact with in real life.

So glad you liked the clutch purse pattern I found on the Lion site. And, you have already helped someone - me. I only looked for that purse pattern because you said you wanted one. I would not have found it otherwise. And now, I'm going to make some of those cute purses for gals on my Christmas list!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes karenlatlas, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what this site is about to me. I love help with patterns and stitches but mostly I love the support and words of kindness and encouragement.

12. Likes karenlatlas, DinahRoberts liked this post