Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Hooker Meeting Account

2014 Hooker Meeting Account-img_0511-jpg I am not an accountant and I hope this is enough information. I did a pretty good job on my estimate of our balance. I will continue to pay the bank charge and they said it would be $7 but it is $6 and I did pay for last month. I thought that I should have asked for a receipt for the booth rental but he was very informal and it slipped my mind. I am a honest person but I know you are taking it on my word. If someone wants a better accounting then they need to tell me what I need to do to make it better. I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see the details. The donations were from some of our members but the first dumb thing I did was combine the money and then I didn't know who to credit so I chose to not credit anyone. If you donated and want your name mentioned then PM me and I will add that information. I will try to do better if I receive any more donations. I admit that I didn't think that I needed to make an strict accounting and that was very naïve of me. I will do better I promise and I know that I should have given it more thought but I didn't and I can't change that but will do better in the future. Of all the jobs for this meeting this is my least favorite one.

2. Likes billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: I hate for you to pay the bank charge every month. Maybe we can figure out a way to get that for free. So many banks do not charge that fee any more. How much do you have to keep in the acct to get it for free? I think you did fine and we can see exactly what is there. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't have any free to my knowledge but I'll call and see if a larger balance would make a difference. This is a checking account so I can pay for anything that comes up and a savings account would probably be more likely to be free but it is less accessible and that was the reason I chose a checking account. I don't go to town often and that would make a savings account more difficult for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes if it is $500 balance they will attach a savings acct to it. let me know cuz I could make up the difference! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, will do. The convenience is a big factor for me but I'll check on it

7. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, I think you have done a fantastic job. I only wish I could help in some way but I am struggling to make ends meet day to day myself. I don't think you need to feel bad about any part of what you accomplished. I think you had not very much help and I could never have put all that out each day and then have to take it all in at the end of the day.... then do it all over again the next day and repeat it over again for a few more days.....no wonder you were tired!....I would be dead when that was over! I for one, think you are a wonderful person. Please take some time now and get some well deserved rest. Love you, your friend, Patty

9. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried checking out another bank? Here we have a number of different banks and most of them have no monthly charges. Just a thought! Hugs, Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Would be glad to help out by paying two months bank charges. Let me know if that would be useful. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks friends but I can handle six bucks a month and if I can't I'll post a request. People, you sure make me smile. There is no other bank in town. There is no traffic light in town and no chain restaurants except McDonalds and Subway. I'll keep you informed if there is a need to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: McD's is good and we won't starve!!!! You are pretty funny. No McD's in the town I grew up in until I had long moved away. The only thing we had was a Dairy Queen! Put in a request to the city council for In and Out Burgers before we all get there.

PS: Tom says there is a great motorcycle ride a bit to the east of you all, into the Appalachians, that is the windiest rode in the country, with the most curves, which apparently motorcyclists really like. HAHA. Not me, be puking right off the bat!!! Shirley