Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that won't happen to me Shirley and Dinah! I keep a planner for myself and one for my hubby to be sure we are where we are suppose to be at the appointed time! My hubby's doctors love my organization and so does my hubby! I have any and every bit of info in a folder ready and waiting at the mention. In fact, I'll be checking the planners today to see if we have scheduled plans to be away from home tomorrow. I like spontaneous plans too!

Sounds like a good meal Shirley! Another veggie from the garden!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bev: You my friend are too organized. HAHA. Sometimes Tom and I just decide to do something spur of the moment cuz truthfully we are getting too stuck in our ways! I remember when my aunt and uncle would set the table for dinner in the AM so they were ready for nighttime. Cleaning and dusting was always Friday AM. Groceries were Sat. AM at 8 and he would wait in the car for her to do the shopping! I always said I was not going to get that way, but hey it happens! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Half the time I either forget my list (even when I put it in my iPhone) or I decide to do other things. I am pretty good when I remember though, LOL.

Right now I have to:

Empty the dishwasher
    Take my truck and leave it at the mechanic so they will have it bright and early tomorrow
    Do some crocheting on the squares for here
    Fold laundry that came off the line
    Water the plants in the front yard
    And maybe have a glass of wine, LOL!!!!

Have a good night everyone. See you tomorrow.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Absolutely, Dinah! I put things in my date book and they don't get looked at again. Have you tried the Cheesy Enchilada box? I add hamburger and then use tortillas to make wraps. Then we have leftovers too! Shirley
    That sounds really good to me but my mother absolutely hates tortillas....sigh, and I love them. I guess I lived in Texas long enough I became like a native there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I am sorry; the tortilla wraps are so good. Your mother might just eat it without the tortilla cuz it makes a great dinner without too. Love, Shirley

7. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a list maker, too. If I don't, I don't get it done. I am also the type who if I don't put it on the calendar, can forget my appointments. If it were't attached I would forget my head, I am so absent-minded. I can also get so intent on getting something done, I forget everything else. Especially if I am reading or crocheting, everything else is ignored.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    LOL Dinah, do you feel freer with not making lists? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am such a list- maker that I would tape my list on the outside of my purse( when still in the workforce) as a reminder that I needed to make stops on the way home. One day, I didn't remove it and walked into the store and noticed someone reading my list.LOL
    I think I posted on the homemaker thread that I have never made lists, but that has always suited me. I did work for a wonderful man who was a stickler for his "To Do" list. He had a bunch of cards printed up that said "To Do" and always had it in his shirt pocket. He referred to it every work day. He told me the secret of his business success was making the lists, and then doing the thing first that he didn't want to do the most. He said that way, the rest of his day was a piece of cake!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes DinahRoberts, LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    I am a list maker, too. If I don't, I don't get it done. I am also the type who if I don't put it on the calendar, can forget my appointments. If it were't attached I would forget my head, I am so absent-minded. I can also get so intent on getting something done, I forget everything else. Especially if I am reading or crocheting, everything else is ignored.
    I try to be good I really do!!! But whenever I make a list half the time I lose the list. LOL And there are a lot of things I don't get done because I don't make the lists. But hey, life is too short to stress out over trivial things. I sometimes miss appts but not often, I do however have to call and ask when my appointment is a lot of the time though!!! Those little cards they give you with the appointment on it seem to vanish around me.

I too get so involved in reading or crocheting that I ignore anything else. It drives those around me insane but it isn't something that I can help for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a goal-setter! Making lists and checking off tasks/activities gives me such a wonderful sense of accomplishment. It motivates me to reach my goals in life!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette: It is funny that you mention doing the thing you want to do the least first and getting it out of the way. I do that too but never thought of it particularly in that way! On nice days like this one is here, I am not really wanting to do much at all.

Bev: Don't do laundry in the wee hours! Don't work!!!! Enjoy!

Hugs, Shirley