Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Yard Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Yard Sale

We didn't make much Thursday but am hoping for a better day today. Keep praying for the yard sale and me as rain is in the forecast for Sat and Sun. I'm working very hard and I am doing the best I can to make this sale successful!!

2. Likes amanda, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They have changed the forecast now it looks like clear sunny weather. YEAH!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hang in there faye
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    I am exhausted! We did better today but I am still hoping for a better day tomorrow and Sunday. We made almost $100 for the two days but they aren't buying the crocheted things as much as my books for a dollar. More new tomorrow! With hopefully better news on the money. I worked 10 plus hours today by myself! Marny is here tonight to help me tomorrow.

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Will keep my fingers crossed that the weather is great and that the customers buy. Thank you for what you are doing, it's a lot of work and well appreciated. Hang in there.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: Hope today is going well and you are having some help. It rained here in the night but today is about 80 and pleasant! Thanks for all you are doing for all of us! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so disappointed. The crow is small and the crochet items are not selling like everything else. I have sold a lot of books and knick knacks but not much crocheted things. We are up to $176 and we had agreed that CT would pick up the cost of the booth rental but if we don't make more money I will pay half of the rental fee. Too tired to write more 2 back to back 10+ days and my brain is fried. Final report tomorrow. Sorry, I think I may have picked the wrong venue since they are buying books not crocheting. I am going to look into the Nashville Christmas Village and see if I can afford a booth rental there. Someone said that this was the wrong time of the year but I am thinking of Christmas and I thought everyone was too but I may have let you guys down. More tomorrow.

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=twinfaye;94903]I am so disappointed. The crow is small and the crochet items are not selling like everything else. I have sold a lot of books and knick knacks but not much crocheted things. We are up to $176 and we had agreed that CT would pick up the cost of the booth rental but if we don't make more money I will pay half of the rental fee. Too tired to write more 2 back to back 10+ days and my brain is fried. Final report tomorrow. Sorry, I think I may have picked the wrong venue since they are buying books not crocheting. I am going to look into the Nashville Christmas Village and see if I can afford a booth rental there. Someone said that this was the wrong time of the year but I am thinking of Christmas and I thought everyone was too but I may have let you guys down. More tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Please don't ever feel like you let anyone down. You didn't. No one ever knows what will sell or not sell at any yard sale, craft show, bazaars, etc. From what I have been reading, you have been doing a great job, it takes a lot of time and patience to do what you have done and by yourself, no less. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and who knows, tomorrow may just be the day.

LI Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 08-03-2013 at 06:16 PM.

12. Likes billieconrad, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, what is the rental for the Nashville Christmas Village? I'll pay half of the cost and maybe someone else will go the other half. AND NOT YOU! You have already done more than your share of this whole thing. I'm just sorry that none of us live closer so we could help you with it. Try to relax tonight.
    Shirly

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying that tomorrow goes much much better!!! I commend you very much for all the work you have put into this!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!