Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a happy 9 year old enjoying my school day. Then the atmosphere changed! I recall that the hallways were full and a TV was stationed in the hall. I looked and saw and felt so unprotected. I couldn't see my teacher for all the children and teachers in the hall. It was a day that changed the world!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bev; You know if this had such an effect on us and we still remember it so vividly, I can imagine how the kids will feel 30-50 years from now when they remember their schools being shot up. It is too ugly to think about! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    You may all think I am over-dramatic, but I need to stop answering this thread. It has started to take it's toll.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: Are you getting nothing else done? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    OK maybe we should take this topic off. I don't know how to do that! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like

50 yrs ago!

Running back & forth across the yd doing laundry for my son born Oct 25,1963. We lived next door.A man was checking her furnace when I ran in the door & told her Turn on TV. Pres. just shot.The furnace guy ended going home.Very sad day.

Post Thanks / Like
    President Kennedy was killed on November 22, 1963 it was my husband's 17th birthday and my first date with him. As a matter of fact, my first date with any boy. We went on to marry 7 years later. We were married for 35 years when he had a heart attack and died. It' been hard to think about now that date.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam: Sending special prayers to you tonight! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 21 and in the grocery store at the meat counter. The butcher asked us if we heard about Kennedy and we thought he was gearing up to tell us a political joke. The news really hit in the gut. Even though I was not a Kennedy fan I was horrified. We were glued to the TV for the next few days - until after the funeral. It was the first time I ever experienced the pull of being "glued to a TV".

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam We all remember some thing on that day.My Dad was just going in for Brain Surgery/Cancer he died the next day.
    For you to have your first date WOW!! Sorry for his passing. God Bless you & You have a wonderful Life as he would want you to live and be Happy.