Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    It did not seem like Bobby Kennedy's death effected me as much as JFK. I am still trying to get to the book that Stephen King wrote 11/23/63 re JFK. Shirley

2. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to read that book!OMG it is his best yet. I read it last fall and I still can't get it out of my mind.
    The sixties were a very tumultuous time for the US. We lost 3 great men in a ten year period. Not too mention those lost on foreign soil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: Thanks for the encouragement. I will read it next. Right now I am reading one about the Vietnam War but I have it downloaded on my Kindle so that is next! Did you ever read his book, Lisey something? Can't remember but it was also very good!!! Have a good weekend. Are you ready to go? I am having wine as it is 5 PM somewhere (like at your house?) Shirley

5. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    YW Lili. What is the name of the book about Viet Nam? I have not read King's book Lisy something. Have you read "The Dome" OMG another must read. I am out of wine but am thinking a margarita sounds good.

7. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember very well in India. It was first year of my college, I was waiting for my bus to college and I heard extra, extra, extra a young man was on bicycle yelling with newspaper in his hand. I asked him what is it ? He showed me headline about JFK's news. It was so sad I know my family cried and the whole country was in mourning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, was about 5, remember my mama calling us to watch the black and white tv, at 5, I did not know a lot about it, looking back tho', will never forget what I saw on television that day and several days after, thx! Darlene

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: I have not read The Dome but it is on TV now. The book I was thinking of is Lisey's Story! Very good too!!!! I usually keep a pretty good supply of wine on hand. Tom likes Margaritas when we go for Mexican food! More later. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in grade school & I remember being at home for lunch-time when we saw "live tv". but I can't remember if it was JFK or Ruby.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a sophomore in high school and in English class when the principal came over the loudspeaker and make the announcement. I lived in Dallas at the time. It was an awful weekend and was pretty awful for many months afterward. And I felt sorry for my English teacher that year because one of our students passed out in her classroom, was taken to the hospital, and died. She had a rough year. And my youngest sister's birthday is November 25; I remember rushing out to get her birthday present because the stores were all closing for the funeral.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just amazed about what and how we remember that date! Thanks for sharing. Shirley