Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan: I was up about 5:15 AM and have not done much yet. It is very smoky and hazy. The leaves on one of my cucumber plants looks a bit yellow! Still have the house opened up for air. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili are you fertilizing your plants?? I use organic...home remedy's? Weather has a big part too? I dont do anymore then I can. Knees are soso hurting, I do according to my knees and check off on my list I make. Bed & dish's done, Cats taken care of, washing IF needed. Any other get it when.... Take Care Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Do you go get Mic or will they bring her home? I am glad her foot is doing better, and it makes sense about flips not being good as probably support is the best thing for her with the tennis shoes. I did not realize that you worked such long hours during the school year. I am going to do laundry today and work on my pink shawl. It is coming along nicely. Love, Shirley
    Shirley
    Well we are supposed to meet half way...3 hours north for my daughter to bring her and 3 hours south for us to meet. But.....it seems we are going to have to go down there since we got a letter from the town where our farm is in Bayville and it so happens that the people who were supposed to be cutting the grass in front of the house never cut it and we had no idea, so the township is giving us 10 days to cut it. My husband is so mad! We tryed to get in touch with 2 landscapers in the area to cut it for us and neither have called us back so looks like we are making the trip and then again down there on 8/10 to my neice's graduation party! The gasoline is costing us a fortune since we have a big
    Dodge Ram truck....12 miles to the gallon!

I work late hours since the kids are in school until 2:30 so I can't get them to dance class until 3...I hate working past 9...I am getting too old for this LOL I said a few posts ago I am not 30 anymore....LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Can a day time gal join in?? Thanks hehe.... I went out early to weed & check why Im not seeing fruit coming on beautifu cuke plants???? Out at 5:45AM today. Early Bird catches the worm?? Teri .. Mic is grandchild? I will never keep up with you all . That vest is absolutely Gorgeous...I saw that BUT out of my league, make 2 hahaha. Cant wait to see it?? Blocking WOW check Videos I saw a few But on Vests ..dont know?
    GOOD LUCK and we know you can do it. Susan M J
    Hi Susan....of course you can join us. I don't get on here until about 5:30 or 6 am myself.
    Mic, short for Micaelina is my youngest ...she just turned 21 and still lives home. She will be a junior in college this fall She is a Theater Arts Major and a Dance Minor. She spend the last 2 weeks at my oldest daughter's house in New Jersey about 6 hours from here.
    Happy you joined us...looking forward to talking with you more often ; )
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri: Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that they have not been taking care of the lawn on the farm. That was such a worry for us too when we had a duplex here in town and we moved to Seattle for 3 years. It makes for long driving hours and much gas. Tom puts about 300 miles per week going back and forth to work. Since I am not working and not driving the doctor's wife everywhere she needed to go, that has cut down on my part of the gas bill!!! The end of 2011 and the first half of 2012 we made 6 trips to Yuma and Denver to take care of Tom's mom and that got spendy! Shirley

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri Thanks for the invite as I was sure I could...making sure. My you must be proud of your girls. Mic is nice but Micaelina is sp Beautiful as Im sure she is. Lovely Family. I would not to her my hubby if that was him having to make the trip. Gas is $3.59 here in Mpls.,MN. We have Holiday we get 10 & 7 cent coupons for. Helps. Busy Lady and you on -line & crochet WOW ....Medal you get> Hope the summer that left goes better. What comes around we just deal with it...no choice. HUGS Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course Susan, join right in! Glad you're here! This is a daytime chat too!

No cucumbers on my vines either; I'm waiting patiently! Wow, you are an early bird! I'd love to do that and garden while it's still very cool outside. I can dream, can't I? It would take REAL will power!(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beverly it drives my Hubby crazy about the Cukes?? Tried all we can & hope somebody up ther help us all. How is your new plot going?? Isnt it relaxing in the soil and I like weeding actually. I know at pitch dark Ill get a flash light and sit and wait for Bugs / animals playing in my Gardens??? NO I WONT Have a lovely evening with your better half. ((HUGS)) susan mj

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Teri;94117]Shirley
    Well we are supposed to meet half way...3 hours north for my daughter to bring her and 3 hours south for us to meet. But.....it seems we are going to have to go down there since we got a letter from the town where our farm is in Bayville and it so happens that the people who were supposed to be cutting the grass in front of the house never cut it and we had no idea, so the township is giving us 10 days to cut it. My husband is so mad! We tryed to get in touch with 2 landscapers in the area to cut it for us and neither have called us back so looks like we are making the trip and then again down there on 8/10 to my neice's graduation party! The gasoline is costing us a fortune since we have a big
    Dodge Ram truck....12 miles to the gallon!

I work late hours since the kids are in school until 2:30 so I can't get them to dance class until 3...I hate working past 9...I am getting too old for this LOL I said a few posts ago I am not 30 anymore....LOL[/QUOTE]

Hi, it's LI Roe, just have a question, you mentioned Bayville, are you talking Bayville NJ, just curious, I used to spend summers at my aunts house (she is now deceased) on the lagoon.
    There is also a Bayville NY (on Long Island but nothing like Bayville NJ). Just curious, hope you don't mind me asking.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I haven't started working in the new plot. Being sure I have my old garden and container garden in good shape first! Now that I've weeded, watered and transplanted(more today), I can start work in the new garden plot. Fencing and amending the soil(organic garden soil)comes first on the garden to-do list! Yes, gardening is relaxing and very good exercise too! Enjoy your evening with your husband also.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

14. Likes N/A liked this post