Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Sunday morning! I hope you friends are well. I have a lot to do for today. It s doily and mat and recharting... and program. Have a good day== Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Larisa
    You sound busy today...I have my coffee ; )
    It is raining here and will be all day. I have many errands to do today and then my husband is taking me out to diner! I am looking forward to that. Have a wonderful day
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Everyone!
    I am going to post this here and I will also post this on another thread that deals strictly on crochet techniques. I have never blocked anything before and need some advice. I have made shawls, baby sweaters, and tons of blankets but never saw the need to block. However ...on my Lacy Summertime Tunic, I think this will need blocking. It is made from Peaches & Creme cotton and seems too condensed. I know that I am a tight crocheter, but this does stretch out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they block items?
    Here is a picture from the pattern of the tunic.
    Attached Images Attached Images Roll Call for The Night Owls/Daytime Chat Season 16-lacy-summertime-tunic-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri: I love the tunic. So lacy and feminine. One of the posts recently talked about blocking but can't remember which one. I just know you get the piece damp and then lay it on a sheet on the bed, or towels on the table and arrange as you want and then let it dry. Voila! I am sure others will come in and give better advice.

Enjoy going out to dinner. We did that last weekend and it was so nice to be waited on!
    Hugs, Shirley

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ladies! Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful day. So am I!

Such a relaxing weekend! I have gardened to my heart's content along with sharing in a movie marathon with hubby which started yesterday. We are real movie buffs! This time we watched movies on TV.

Enjoy the rest of your evening Ladies!(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

9. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bev: So dirt therapy is so good for the soul!!!!! Tom mowed the lawn because the yard guy did not show up again and I trimmed roses and other bushes. We are watching a marathon called Mountain Men. It is amazing how caught up in this stuff you get. Hubby went to get gas in the truck as he drives about 300 miles back and forth to work during the week. Of course Lola loves to go with him so she has been waiting impatiently all evening!!!

Glad you had a relaxing day and watched some movies. Last night we watched The Bourne Ultimatum on TV which was good.

Talk to you tomorrow, Bev. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. It s hard Monday again. I will go to work really soon. Have a good day == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning
    Larisa - don't work too hard. I am still off until August 7. Then I only work 2 days per week 6 hours each day. But starting the week of September 9 I go back to work Monday to Friday about 6 hours each day. Summer is not so busy in our dance school as it is during the Fall, Winter and Spring months.

Shirley - thanks for the tip...that sounds like what should be done. I was watching someone block a granny square on Youtube and it required a foam board and pins and I didn't watch the whole thing....so I thought I should ask here.

You ladies like your movies I see. I am a "romantic comedy" lover like "Kate and Leopold" "Just Like Heaven" and more recent "the Proposal" and "Switch". But as far as TV shows go...(we have Netflix and Hulu plus no cable stations) I like "Bones" and "Once Upon a Time". When I am working I can't watch to much TV or movies when I get home from work....they put me to sleep since I don't get home until 9:30 or 10:00. I watch something while I grab a bite to eat and then I am off to sleep. I suppose that proves that I am not 30 any more....LOL

Mic went camping this past weekend with my older daughter, my son in law and the grandkids. She had a good time. She said that she is no longer using her walking cast but needs to wear good sneakers and that flip flops hurt her foot. She will be back home with us on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri: We watch very few movies and mostly read. We did watch Mountain Men until 10 PM last night. Do you go get Mic or will they bring her home? I am glad her foot is doing better, and it makes sense about flips not being good as probably support is the best thing for her with the tennis shoes. I did not realize that you worked such long hours during the school year. I am going to do laundry today and work on my pink shawl. It is coming along nicely. Love, Shirley

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can a day time gal join in?? Thanks hehe.... I went out early to weed & check why Im not seeing fruit coming on beautifu cuke plants???? Out at 5:45AM today. Early Bird catches the worm?? Teri .. Mic is grandchild? I will never keep up with you all . That vest is absolutely Gorgeous...I saw that BUT out of my league, make 2 hahaha. Cant wait to see it?? Blocking WOW check Videos I saw a few But on Vests ..dont know?
    GOOD LUCK and we know you can do it. Susan M J