Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    BarbySue I thought you were not talking much but I wasn't worried and now I know I should have been worried. I hate to admit it but my mind has been on me more than I like. I am tired of being the center of attention with one illness after another. If I have another problem I am going to have to ask God what lesson He is trying to get me to understand because I must be a slow learner. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: It was just your turn!!!!!

BarbySue: I did not have my computer for about 4 days and it seems like we are totally lost without it, doesn't it? Glad you are back! Shirley

3. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I would love to have dinner with my grandpa (he died three days after I was born) all he knew was that I was a girl, my mom was his daughter.

Now as far as what I would like to eat if someone would make it, I would love Sicilian pizza, orange cremesicle for dessert and Amaretto with Diet Coke. Simple but yummy, at least for me.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I need more details LI Roe, is Sicilian pizza different than regular pizza? You want the popsicle - orange cremesicle? and I get the Amaretto with Diet Coke.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=twinfaye;93926]I need more details LI Roe, is Sicilian pizza different than regular pizza? You want the popsicle - orange cremesicle? and I get the Amaretto with Diet Coke

Sicilian pizza is a thicker, chewier dough with the same toppings as regular round pizza but baked in a large squarish shape, then cut into smaller squares. Usually about nine in a pizza. One either likes it or they don't (late husband preferred regular pizza, ex boyfriend preferred Sicilian.) I like both but given a choice, I go for the Sicilian.

The orange cremesicle I like is orange sherbet with vanilla ice cream, can get it in the brick half gallon (or now it is less than half gallon) packages, I forgot about the popsicle, heck, why not, have both!!! LOL. Yum-o.

LI Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 07-27-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: changed description

7. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe: I found Yoplait yogurt in the orange cremesicle and it tastes just like the ice cream!!! Actually it is my favorite ice cream. I love Amaretto straight up on the rocks!!! And I love red wine! Shirley

9. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this is a dry county I don't get to drink much wine but I think all of you coming to the meeting by car should pack your favorite wines to share with all of us. I learned to drink wine in my early 30s and I started with Runite Lambrusco and that is the only red wine that I have found that I could drink. I want to like reds but so far I haven't found one that I like. My favorite is Berenger white zinfandel but any blush is good.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Ok, for all of you retired people and anyone that gets bored on the weekends here when the worker bees take time off and don't post. We will talk about anything at any time. So if you want to talk on the weekend come to this thread and post whatever is on your mind. Okay I want to know who you would invite to your home for a meal if there were no restrictions. Anyone except let's leave Jesus out since everyone would have Him if we could. Anyone else is fair game.
    FAYE!! YOU would be among the first ones I would invite, OH!! and I am afraid I will leave someone out!! All of you that I talk to most of the time!!! I won't name names because I would surely forget someone and I wouldn't want to do that! We would have a BIG PARTY with chicken salad , green pea salad, corn on the cob, cheese and crackers and dip and a big dump cake that I love and I know you all would too . WE would grill some hamburgers and have ice tea, etc, etc, etc, etc, Probably ice cream too. We would maybe have a painting party or a decopage party so you could all take something home with you. WOW!!! When do you all want to come?????????????? I wish we really could do that, but I know we can't so I guess we will have to dream about it. WE would have to do it in the summertime because my house is too small to hold all of you. You could all help me DECORATE my little shed in the back yard!!! If I didn't like your painting I guess I could always re-paint after you leave. and not tell you!!! HE HE HE!!! I am a dreamer aren't I? I guess we will have to just keep on dreaming!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, I love your idea. I am dreaming about meeting ya'll and that is why I am working so hard on the yard sale. I want to make money to help everyone get to come here. We have an impressive selection of things and I will mark them down Saturday to help get everything sold. If we don't make money with this yard sale I guess I'll be run out of crochettalk on a rail. Haven't even thought of that before. Oh well, I'm going to do good so that isn't going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: Of course we would never do that. Your sale will be an immense success. You have all of us behind you all the way! Lambrusco is very good and I like that too. I love Beringer White Zin and Beringer White Merlot which is just a little more red. I will load my car with all kinds of NW wines when I come in June 2014!!!! More hugs, Shirley

Patty: That sounds just like the kind of get together we would all love! Um I am busy next weekend; how about the following one? HAHA. Love, Shirley

15. Likes N/A liked this post