Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Honey, you are not a failure!! He has failed you! He is either not trying or his mind has gone back to his childhood. Either way you need to find a nursing home in TN and then move there. Your daughter could look after him until you can get moved. I know all of this is overwhelming but you can do it!! I know in TN that there are people that can come into the home and help with him. Mama has someone come once a week and she helps with a shower and changes her bed and even changes Kaye's bed and cleans her house a little. Mama doesn't need more help than that but they also have respite care where they come to her home and sit with here up to 3 days so Kaye can get out of the house. They can do 24 hour care but Mama doesn't need anyone at night. I know these services are available here. hugs
    Il has cut there programs in half I get a lady 2 days a week to bath and change his clothes. and a nurse comes once a week to check his vitals. IL is one of the worse places to get help from the government and it is even worse since OBAMACARE took over.
    There is nothing but mobsters from Chicago running this state. Last 4 Govenors of IL is in Prison, the all came out of Chicago, and guess where Obama lived, Chicago.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a great program here in Minnesota. It pays people to come in to help with my husband. Or in this case pay me. The state figures it is cheaper to pay people to help a person stay in the home and out of a nursing home; than it is to pay a nursing home charge. This bit oh money sure has made a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, they won't pay family in TN. That would be great and it would save so much money. People would be more apt to try to keep there family at home if it wasn't such a financial and emotional burden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats just outragious!! We as Trude said have it soooo much better. Im praying so so hard for you and for better help. Lost for words my Friend. I think about you and feel at loss? Talk later? HUGS & GOD PLEASE LISTEN Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to pay a girl $120 a day for 6 hours, 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening, but can't afford it anymore so am trying to get more help from the County to send someone just to get him up and dressed in the morning and that is all they do,. So am trying to find someone to come for an hour in the eve. It is hard to find anyone.
    No way will they pay you to keep your family at home. I wish they would.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you ever get to take a break? A day away for yourself? Even a few hours? We have a program here for caregivers too. Maybe a grass roots movement is needed in your area to make some needed changes. What county do you live in?
    I get so worked up about these types of injustices. I could just spit!
    I hope you find some relief. I iwll say 2 prayers for you tonight. ONe you get the help you need, and another that you can feel God's loving arms around you.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like what I have said to her BUT you have a nicer way of saying it. MeerKat is a HONORABLE - TOUGH - LADY. GOD BLESS