Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about ur disappointment and problems. N.H. Sen to be the worse place for rehab. They take them down for Ann hour of therapy, then put them in a wheelchair & slap a diaper on. If they're not getting up to use the facilities with help throughout the day, how is that one hour a day to help? To be fair, there is a lot of in bed strengthening they can do, which patients seem to resist.

But u git good suggestions here. Definitely look into them. I wish I had a hoyster for my mom. Would have been a godsend.

U r in my prayers.

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Meerkat: I am so sorry for all your difficulties. I am very glad that your daughter is staying an extra day to try to get you more help. As everyone else has said, you are in my prayers and I too am hoping for a miracle. Love, Shirley

PS: Still sounds like going to TN is the right answer.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janice what can I say? So much advise and God only knows you need one to work. Are you OK xxxx HUGS. Your daughter is so generous to take another day to get you help. We are all pulling for you

How is all this affecting your husband? God Love him and you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeerKat! A hoyer lift makes a big difference! You need to explain to dr. the things he needs and he should right out a script for it! My friend had multiple sclerosis and she was on 38 when she met a wonderful man who loved her dearly the dr. wrote the prescriptions for what she needed and it made it so much easier! When I worked at my last job at a nursing home she was a patient there and we both were the same age but we became best friends she passed away in her sleep but they did not know she had cancer or when! Someone actually called my house asking for her the other day! Good luck sweetie! I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers! LOVE ALWAYS YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

7. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what to even say right now I am just numb. We need someone in here almost all day. I am at my wits end and I can't find any help anywhere. That is why I hate IL. IL is ran by a bunch of crooks out of Chicago that have stolen IL blind and all the help had been cut way down.
    I don't know where to turn, they said medicare will not pay for a Hoyer Lift. They say I am getting all the help I am going to get.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MeerKat;93712]I don't know what to even say right now I am just numb. We need someone in here almost all day. I am at my wits end and I can't find any help anywhere. That is why I hate IL. IL is ran by a bunch of crooks out of Chicago that have stolen IL blind and all the help had been cut way down.
    I don't know where to turn, they said medicare will not pay for a Hoyer Lift. They say I am getting all the help I am going to get.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what to say either. It is so horrible that people who legitimately need assistance can't get it and the rest of them are handed whatever they want. I was going to suggest if your county or town had a Department of Aging unit or an Elder care unit who may be able to refer you to places that could help but if it is the government, that may not help. Worth a try though. This may be a long shot but sometimes libraries have flyers and pamphlets available for different facilities and groups. If I think of anything else, I will definitely let you know.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I called the Senior Center when I was taking care of my dear Aunt Helen. They sent their nurse out, and she was a great help in getting what I needed at little or no cost. Have you checked out medicade insurance to see if you qulafied.? Insurance will pay for or pay to rent equitment you may need with a Dr's slip. so will medicare. all my prayer that you stay strong and well, and that your husband continues to get better everyday. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I sincerely hate to hear that Medicare will not pay for a hoyer. You have an honest need for a hoyer lift! We used our private insurance Aetna to get the hoyer lift for my hubby when he needed it. I do know that hoyers can be rented from medical supply companies. Something to consider if there are no other alternatives for the time being!

I have and will continue to pray for doors to open so that all the equipment and help that you need will come plus a tremendous decrease in your out-of -pocket expenses. May increase and prosperity enter your household. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

12. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    double post!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please call Medicare yourself. The nursing home does not always have ALL the info. Calling and talking directly can sometimes provide you with different info for any medical issue. We know this from experience! We used private insurance Aetna. Be persistent and talk to more than one rep if you aren't provided with satisfactory explanations. Even ask to speak to the supervisor! It continues to make a difference in my hubby's medical journey! It's a lot of legwork, but you are assured that you've heard ALL the facts.