Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I know when my dad came home, their were volunteer nurses that came free of charge daily to help bath him and give him meds. Call your congressman or representative. Many times they know of help we never hear about.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janice, you and your husband have been and will continue to be in my prayers. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't offend me, The nurse said you have to be completely paralyzed from the waist down to get a Hoyer Lift now. It cost over a $1,000. Any more you have to be really rich or a illegal alien, they can come in and get anything from Welfare. It is very frustrating
    Thanks for the prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MeerKat;93568]You didn't offend me, The nurse said you have to be completely paralyzed from the waist down to get a Hoyer Lift now. It cost over a $1,000. Any more you have to be really rich or a illegal alien, they can come in and get anything from Welfare. It is very frustrating
    Thanks for the prayers.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sometimes mouth (or in this case fingers) go in gear without telling the brain. I totally agree (and so do my friends) about the super rich and illegal aliens getting what they want and the rest of us have to go without or fight for the basics. I don't understand it anymore. To me, anything that will benefit a medical condition should be automatically covered. Yet, the things insurance companies will cover still amazes me.

I am now fighting bills that are coming in from the hospital where she was for nine days to treat an infection that needed an IV antibiotic which could not be done where she resided. Her treatment there was horrendous, as far as I was concerned and I filed complaints with the CEO of the hospital and now IPRO, which oversees quality care for Medicare and nursing homes and hospitals. Next step, once I receive the review and final determination and if I am not satisfied, is to go to my state senator and publicize how people are treated. I am now refusing to pay any bills that have come in since her death from the hospital since legally, we are not responsible for our parents' bills. The patient care rep from the hospital actually had the nerve to tell me "this is what happens to the middle class". Today I received a bill from a collection agency under her name and I went off the wall. I have become a fighter since my husband became ill in 1999 and passed within six months of his diagnosis, then in 2007 my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers and my younger and only brother and sibling died right after her diagnosis. I fight for what I believe is right and I can be relentless. When they cannot speak for themselves, we need to step up and yes, it is frustrating and emotional and tiring and overwhelming but I believe in justice. I learned a lot from trial and error and asking tons of questions about what is covered, what can be done, who do I speak to for answers. She eventually passed away in Oct. 2012 at the wonderful assisted living facility where her care was incredibly outstanding.

I know it is hard but don't be afraid to question if you have any doubt about anything. Often one questions leads to an answer or a new direction which can help. I wish I could do more for you but just know my prayers are in full strength. God bless.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Thank you, sometimes mouth (or in this case fingers) go in gear without telling the brain. I totally agree (and so do my friends) about the super rich and illegal aliens getting what they want and the rest of us have to go without or fight for the basics. I don't understand it anymore. To me, anything that will benefit a medical condition should be automatically covered. Yet, the things insurance companies will cover still amazes me.

I am now fighting bills that are coming in from the hospital where she was for nine days to treat an infection that needed an IV antibiotic which could not be done where she resided. Her treatment there was horrendous, as far as I was concerned and I filed complaints with the CEO of the hospital and now IPRO, which oversees quality care for Medicare and nursing homes and hospitals. Next step, once I receive the review and final determination and if I am not satisfied, is to go to my state senator and publicize how people are treated. I am now refusing to pay any bills that have come in since her death from the hospital since legally, we are not responsible for our parents' bills. The patient care rep from the hospital actually had the nerve to tell me "this is what happens to the middle class". Today I received a bill from a collection agency under her name and I went off the wall. I have become a fighter since my husband became ill in 1999 and passed within six months of his diagnosis, then in 2007 my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers and my younger and only brother and sibling died right after her diagnosis. I fight for what I believe is right and I can be relentless. When they cannot speak for themselves, we need to step up and yes, it is frustrating and emotional and tiring and overwhelming but I believe in justice. I learned a lot from trial and error and asking tons of questions about what is covered, what can be done, who do I speak to for answers. She eventually passed away in Oct. 2012 at the wonderful assisted living facility where her care was incredibly outstanding.

I know it is hard but don't be afraid to question if you have any doubt about anything. Often one questions leads to an answer or a new direction which can help. I wish I could do more for you but just know my prayers are in full strength. God bless.

LI Roe
    I just want you to know I am praying for you both and hope things get better soon for you. I have no experience with this kind of situation so I know I am of no help whatsoever. I have never gone thru this before. Both Mom and Dad and my husband are gone but without very much conflict or pain. My husband probably suffered the most but Mom and Dad were not sick very long. Thank God for that. But I will be praying for you all the time . I do hope God has his ears out for your situation and hears our prayers. There is a lot of us keeping you on our minds and praying for you. Bless you heart I feel for you. Love and hugs to you both, redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice You will get help as Im praying & more for you harder then ever. I will send the Guardian Angels....?? I WISH. Love & Peace goes with my Prayers. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you buy the lift? Surely they rent them and your insurance should cover most of the cost if not all. I wish your daughter would check into all this and take that worry from you. I think expecting you to make calls and check into everything is too much on you. Why don't you see if she will handle this and if not her is there anyone else that could get information for you? They don't have to be related to gather info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I so hope things get better for you....yall are definitely in my prayers.....

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is staying an extra day, to see if she can find out anything more about getting more help. I appreciate all the suggestions. I am not to hopeful about getting help unless I can find some independant person coming in.
    Il is one of the worse states for getting help. ILLinois is ran by the Mafia in Chicago. Our last 2 Governors are both in prison now from stealing from th StATE, . This is where Obama is from.
    I think God is going to have to work miracles in my situation, but I know he can do them. Prayer is my only hope and I appreciate all the prayers I can get.
    I have to get off here and go back to bed so I will have plenty of rest before morning.
    Thanks for all the prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeerKat, Is your husband a Vet of any kind? If so some times you can apply for aid thru them. Good luck Girl, God bless you. Later Gater. Kit

12. Likes N/A liked this post