Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on the Condo.

I finally got the HOA book of rules and all is good with me. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I will have more freedom at the condo than with the apartment that we are at now. And most of all it will be mine!!! Now just waiting on the inspection, termite, a/c unit, hot water heater and the big appliances, furnace. then the walk through, then the closing date which is 9/4. Let's hope they do not move the date back, it would be nice to move it forward!!!!
    Crochet Chickadee

2. Likes cindy.wright1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad it's working out for you. Hope all goes well with no delays, or like you said, sooner is better!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You bet the sooner the better!!!! Hooray all that new stuff! Shirley

6. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

8. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have moved more times than I can count and it is a pain in the, you know where!! But owning your own home is so worth it. I have now bought 2 houses by myself and it is very empowering. I think you have a husband but the feeling is the same when you walk in and say, "this is my home!" I hope all the inspections come back clean. Never buy a house without the inspections. I had a new roof paid for by an inspector since he missed the fact that it was not in good repair. He paid for it himself since he didn't want a record that he missed it. That was a big relief.

10. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!!! I hope all goes well!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes very true faye . this is my first condo I never had a house before. my ex-husband would never work and always had judgements against him so I said bye bye so long. I bought this house with my own credit and I can say proudly "NO MORE LAND LORDS/SLUM LORDS" Yes it is going to be sooooo worth the wait. they are doing a roof inspection too!! They just put a new roof on the whole building!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I have moved more times than I can count and it is a pain in the, you know where!! But owning your own home is so worth it. I have now bought 2 houses by myself and it is very empowering. I think you have a husband but the feeling is the same when you walk in and say, "this is my home!" I hope all the inspections come back clean. Never buy a house without the inspections. I had a new roof paid for by an inspector since he missed the fact that it was not in good repair. He paid for it himself since he didn't want a record that he missed it. That was a big relief.
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that makes this all the more special. We will be looking forward to pictures of your new home.

14. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, that is so exciting. Owning your own home, whether it is a house, condo, co-op, is just so wonderful. I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and quickly.

LI Roe

16. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to watch particularly Holmes on Homes on HGTV or DIY where he goes into some of these homes that have supposedly had an inspection, blah blah and he ends up finding all kinds of nasty stuff. Good for you Faye that you got the new roof! Most people would not have pursued it. Good on you! We have lived in several apts and especially with animals it is so nice to have your own house/condo. Take care. Shirley

18. Likes libertylady64 liked this post