Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: yarn

Post Thanks / Like

yarn

Has any one ever ordered yarn from. Amazon.com the prices seem to be pretty good. See ya bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't ordered yarn, but have ordered lots and lots of other things from Amazon. You kind of need to pay attention to who the actual vendor is. Sometimes it will say "fulfilled by Amazon" and other times, they will have lots of different companies, etc. selling the same item, but listed on Amazon.

So I would check for feedback if you are ordering from a company that is on Amazon, but is not actually Amazon. Hope that makes sense.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not ordered yarn from Amazon but have used them for a number of other different items. I have checked their prices on the brands I use most and I find they are higher. When I am not buying yarn in the stores by me, I have ordered both from Herrschners and Joanns and I wait for sales and free shipping. Are you interested in any particular brand of yarn??

LI Roe

4. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey liroe

How are you doing. I am not interested in any yarn right now I have enough to open my own store. I was wondering if any body had ordered from there in case I need a certain color...I did open a amazon charge account I ordered three comforter bags they are clear with zippers on top.because I opened the account they gave me ten dollars off so I got the bags for free. I should get them Thursday .they are nice for keeping yarn in -----they are clear pastic I have two of them. See ya bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    LIRoe, I have order from Herrshnerr's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and like you I wait for sales and/or free shipping. I have to order online because the nearest Yarn shop is an hour away from here, and I don't drive except to a small town close to me that has a WaLMart. WalMarts selection isn't very good. So buy 90% of my Yarn online.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bettybee10;92227]Hey liroe

How are you doing. I am not interested in any yarn right now I have enough to open my own store. I was wondering if any body had ordered from there in case I need a certain color...I did open a amazon charge account I ordered three comforter bags they are clear with zippers on top.because I opened the account they gave me ten dollars off so I got the bags for free. I should get them Thursday .they are nice for keeping yarn in -----they are clear pastic I have two of them. See ya bettybee[/QUOTE]

You sound like me, I keep saying I shouldn't even be looking at yarn in a store (or online) but then I buy it anyway. Since the roof hasn't caved in at the store when I am buying or lightning strikes, I figure I am safe and can buy it. LOL.

I keep checking Amazon though for yarn (buy a lot of my crochet books there) because you never know, there may be a great price.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MeerKat;92231]LIRoe, I have order from Herrshnerr's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and like you I wait for sales and/or free shipping. I have to order online because the nearest Yarn shop is an hour away from here, and I don't drive except to a small town close to me that has a WaLMart. WalMarts selection isn't very good. So buy 90% of my Yarn online.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I forget that others are in areas where there aren't a lot of stores nearby unless they have to drive that far. I have an SUV (last time I drove it was in Feb, now it is giving me trouble, think the remote start put in after market that was a Christmas gift from an ex-boyfriend is the problem and I just can't face that right now, the remote start, not the ex) but I hate to drive unless I absolutely have to. Since my mom, who had Alzheimers and was in an assisted living facility in the Alzheimers unit, died on Oct. 31, 2012, I no longer have to drive there. And many of the stores, libraries, banks, parks, etc are within walking distance (I love to walk anyway, try to do between 5-10 miles a day) so I can get into trouble whether I drive or not. LOL. I used to order from Hobby Lobby (when it was Craftsetc and they would have sales, even a birthday coupon and their prices were a lot lower then). Walmart used to have great selections too but ever since they drastically cut the craft area, there is little yarn (but for some reason, they keep putting it on clearance, one is within walking distance and I have picked up a lot). But I also love to get packages in the mail (am like a little kid at Christmas, LOL.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey LIROE I also have and suv I've had it for 13years and only have 63 thousand on it. I wish I could walk the miles that you do . I live up a dirt road and people let their pitt bulls run loose. I've had surgery on both legs so I know I can't walk that far. I only go out when I have to.I know this walmart here doesn't carry that much yarn so when the kids go to jo anns I go with them.do you crochet or knit or both I only crochet. Have a good day BettyBee

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bettybee10;92264]Hey LIROE I also have and suv I've had it for 13years and only have 63 thousand on it. I wish I could walk the miles that you do . I live up a dirt road and people let their pitt bulls run loose. I've had surgery on both legs so I know I can't walk that far. I only go out when I have to.I know this walmart here doesn't carry that much yarn so when the kids go to jo anns I go with them.do you crochet or knit or both I only crochet. Have a good day BettyBee[/QUOTE]

I actually took over my younger brothers' SUV (2006 Nissan Xterra) after he passed away in June 2007. It is now about 7 1/2 years old and has just under 21,000 miles on it. There may be a day when I can't walk the way I do so I try to do it now. I crochet, eons ago I learned to knit but then learned to crochet from my mom and found I loved it more and it has become a lifelong passion.

It would scare me if pit bulls or any other dog were let loose. Fortunately, the people I see on my walks (though it is now hot and humid so I am not walking, (does running up and down the basement stairs all day count, LOL??) have their dogs leashed. They are supposed to be anyway but some let them roam around the Massapequa Preserve (even though it says no dogs).

Take care, see ya later.

LI Roe