Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm like you I would like nothing better than to come help you with it and get to meet the people. I am having so much trouble with my health right now that I hate to promise anything and then not be able to follow through. That's why I haven't said anything up to now. I haven't been able to take my arthritis medicine for several months now because of sinus infections they can't get cleared up. Then I had shingles that I am just now getting over. Oh well I could go on and on but if I don't get straightened out I don't know if I'll be able to do anything much any time soon. I'm still hoping though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to Vanderbilt hospital, my daughter was operated on there when she was 18months old, but can't remember how to get there she is 41 now. LOL my memory can't go back that far. I lived in a small Town, Donelson, but now it is part of Nashville. That is where Opryland was and the Grand ole Opry is now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, I use to have a rambler bush but had it on a wooden fence and it covered up that whole fence, I love the ramblers because you don't have to reall trim them, they just latch on to what ever is around them. It is the only rose bush I have been able to grow, have no luck with the other type

Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason roses really like Eastern WA and the lousy clay like soil we have!!!! I did have a climbing rose on the back fence but the aphids got it one year and that was all she wrote!. I agree that anything that looks pretty and I don't have to mess with is the best thing for me!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the people on here are or were on disability and mostly for chronic pain associated with a lot of muscle/skeletal diseases. Me, I was on for a mental illness and then developed all the joint pains. This is to say if you are feeling well then I would love to meet you and talk to you and if you are not feeling well then we may be able to do it at another time. No pressure. I would love to have someone who crochets with me as the help I am planning to have does not know beans about crochet. We can get together whenever you are able. I will come to Chattanooga to meet you any time you say. Meerkat, I can take you to Vanderbilt any time that is where Randy (son with CP) has had his almost 30 surgeries. I've lost count of the exact number. That is where we found out he had CP and where my daughter was born. I used to live in Old Hickory and if you remember that is next to Donelson so we were neighbors but not at the same time. I know all about the Nashville area and Mt Pleasant is the closest little town to my daughter who lives in Joelton. I also know where Dickson is as we have gone there to play basketball games where the gd cheered.

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to spray roses ever couple days or the aphids really eat them up. Don't have time anymore to even try to raise Roses though they are beautiful, I have petter luck with annuals. But that gets expensive, you have to buy them every year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat: I did not buy any annuals this year. Usually I plant them and they last until mid July and then I have to get rid of them. Bought the veggies this year and so glad I did. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I also lived in Old Hickory, for a short time also lived in Madison, that is where Marina was borned. Did you ever go to Hermitage, Andrew Jacksons home? I worked there for a short time. What year did you live there? I lived there from 1970 to 1975. All thoughs names I recognize.
    What is CP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, I loved my flower garden but you have to really baby them. I don't have the energy, I did that when I was healthy.
    Tom use to have a beautiful vegetable garden, when he had to quit having a garden is when he really went down hill. healthwise. He loved his garden and anytime he was off work he was out working in the garden or working on the yard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived all over the Nashville area for over 40 years from 1967 to 2007. In Old Hickory I lived about 4 or 5 miles from the Hermitage. I lived in Old Hickory from 2000 to 2007. My son has CP = cerebral palsy