Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Look what I found in the garden

I found this yesterday amongst my petunias. Does anyone know what type of butterfly this is? I had never seen one like it. It was about 4 inches across. Just beautiful.Look what I found in the garden-100_2571-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it is a Moth..not butterfly..I have seen them before and they are quite beautiful..you can go here to find out more

polyphemus moth - Antheraea polyphemus (Cramer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks Anne, I was going to say it is a moth. Those dots are supposed look like eyes and scare predators. I think it is beautiful!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the web site. I appreciate you thoughtfulness. They are beautiful and I will read the information. Who says you can't learn something new every day. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how wonderful it is!! I love nature things even spiders when they are far from me. Have you seen any wild birds? I saw one pair being at vacation. There are rests of old town about 3000 or 5000 yo. I found birds were coming to one hole in ancient wall having insect in beak (sp). It was wonderful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome. I love taking pictures of butterflies, moths, etc. Actually all insects and spiders. It is amazing what you can find at your home sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have captured a Picture to treasure. Take a frame and give it a Home?? Very nice . My 2 Cats say Meow to that pretty Gal in photo?? Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got a pix. That is very pretty! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is a Luna Moth. We had them in Ohio when I was living with my folks. My Mother was a nature Geek and she knew the names for all the flutter bugs. I haven't seen them here in Texas. margaret

10. Likes N/A liked this post