Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  48
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam: It is 8:45 AM here and all the dogs are fed, we have had pancakes, and usually hubby watches fishing shows but today car racing in Watkin's Glen, NY!!! I was wondering if you had started the ripple lapghan? Had two dogs on my lap last night so only got one square crocheting. Hopefully will get more done today! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri: We have had so much rain, thunder and lightening. We have about 3700 softball players here for a tournament this weekend and had a huge thunder storm yesterday AM. They said last night at 5 PM that they were 1 1/2 hours behind on their games due to storms. I am sorry you just have rain and more rain. And the humidity, OMG. Hopefully it will get nice for the week, and isn't that the way it goes!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, that pergola sounds heavenly! I know you must enjoy it immensely. I can't sit out very long or garden for long periods of time in the evening as the mosquitos love me! Yikes! Off and dryer sheets help me a bit! I'd love to be on my patio for long extended periods of time if I could; then I'd consider having a pergola built.

Hi Manda! How are you doing?(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    The pergola is very nice. Keeps the family room and back yard fairly cool in the AM. We have a southern exposure so by dinnertime it is pretty warm. However the tree in the back yard has grown considerably and that provides extra shade. When we are in Minneapolis in the summer we stay inside almost all the time cuz the mosquitos eat us up!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Love ya all and Shirley == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,that's hotter than it is in Florida!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I do not forget you! I just woke up in Monday.... and should go to work soon. It s coffee time now
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    4 a.m. Hubby snoring too much so I got up. I guess I'll take the couch.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE= Hubby watching car races from Watkin's Glen, which we actually went to one time when we were visiting the kids in Rochester NY. So pretty down that way with the wineries and Finger Lakes. Have a great day. I love the feeling of getting everything in its place and then sitting to look at it all! That is why whenever we have moved, hubby always hangs pictures and then we feel settled. Shirley[/QUOTE]

Hahaha Lili...that is my part of the country! We actually I am about 3 hours south of Rochester! NY is a huge state...(well a lot bigger than NJ where I was born and lived till 2006) I am in a very rural area of NY,though. Cell service is very "ify".... winters are treacherous and very cold. But you are right, very pretty here. When I was first married and lived in north Jersey, we did a lot of camping in Woodstock and Watkins Glen areas. A bit touristy but very pretty. The finger lakes region in not far from me...about 2 hours ride.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili
    Softball players?? It is a special convention type thing? Forgive me I am not sports minded to know the terms...LOL...and I used to love to play softball! Did they finally get going? Can you watch them play?
    About 1/2 east of me is Cooperstown, NY. They have baseball fields where little league (I guess that is who they are) have championships. There is also the Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in the center of town. The town is very busy this time of year and horrid to try to drive through. It is an antique town with antique roads and buildings. Very pretty, but difficult to get around when the tourists are here. Unfortunately that is also our county seat and any time you need to go to the DMV or other official offices it is very hard to park, etc.
    We lived at the Jersey shore from 1985 to 2006 beautiful place from Labor Day to Memorial Day but horrid in summer with all the tourists...We never took our kids across the bay to Seaside Heights to the boardwalk in summer we would wait til Labor Day and there were no lines for rides or games.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com