Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What's for Dinner? Part 2...Mmm-mmm Good!

I enjoy cooking which started out as a hobby for me last year. I cook with excitement and expectations of eating a mouth-watering meal! Planning and prepping the meal is a process that I enjoy. The final outcome is the end results of the love and time I put into preparing a meal that satisfies the soul.

Whether it be cooked by you, take-out or dining out; dinner is a meal to be enjoyed! Today, what are you having for dinner?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, here's the recipe for crockpot BBQ back ribs:

Use 1 pkg. McCormick Slow Cookers Southern BBQ Ribs Seasoning Mix
    4 lbs. bone-in pork ribs, cut into 2-rib sections
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup honey

Place ribs in slow cooker. I used my crockpot. Mix seasoning mix, ketchup and honey until well blended. Pour over ribs and cover. Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. I cooked my ribs for 4 hours on high. Remove ribs, place on serving platter, skim fat from sauce and serve sauce over ribs.

This was a new recipe for me. It was good! Next time, I'll add a few spices to give it a "kick." If you can't find the seasoning mix, PM me and I'll send you a few pkgs of it Lili. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Best Sunday Dinner Ever! Prepared by My Daughters! Mmm-mmm good!

My younger daughter cooked spaghetti & meatballs(regular and cayenne pepper ones) along with fresh broccoli. To add to this excellent meal, my older daughter fixed corn on the cob.

Post Thanks / Like
    My younger daughter is on a roll! Today she cooked salisbury hamburger helper, peas & carrots, whole potatoes and cornbread muffins. I don't want this to end! She's a realllllllllllllly good cook!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made enchiladas and tacos tonight for dinner
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the dinner meal you had MsBhaven!

In our household, today's dinner will be:

*broccoli cheese soup
    *baked chicken
    *mixed vegetable medley
    *cheese biscuits

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight is bake chicken breast (as my hubby says) seasoned to perfection with red potatoes sauteed with onions garlic and seasonings and I will be serving spinach with a dollop of daisy. lol
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi butterflyrose:

Recipe sounds so good. I did find a pkg of BBQ pulled pork seasoning but it expired in 2007!!!! OOPS. I usually use my own BBQ sauce recipe (my mom's actually) with 1 cup ketchup, tomato sauce or paste, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup or so vinegar. I will definitely try the honey and ketchup that you like!!!! Thanks so much. Something I am doing lately is getting a pork roast without bones, slow cook and serve with tortillas and Kraft cucumber dressing in rollups. Oh my gosh, so good!!!! I also make the Cheesy Enchilada box dinner, add hamburger, and serve with tortillas, salsa, veggies if you want as rollups!!!! So easy. My grandkids love them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, the seasoning mix listed honey and ketchup. I'm a neophyte at cooking; took cooking up as a hobby last year. I'm trying, tasting, testing and discovering what is tasty to cook! Your mom's recipe sounds delicious. I'll be trying it! Also like your rollups recipe...add to my recipe collection to cook. Thanks for the recipes.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making pasta fagoli..or pasta fazol as I call it. I am also making some home made bread and homemade garlic bread sticks..I just wish I had my old mixer..it had dough hooks..don't have it anymore so now I am back doing it all by hand. lol It still is worth it though..I love homemade warm buttered rolls or bread!