Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I've Missed You All but I'm Back!

It seems I’ve been gone forever. My mother, who I mentioned before, took ill in January. We learned it was stage 4 cancer and I was busy with caring for her for a couple of months. The good Lord saw fit to take her home at the end of March. It all happened so quickly, we didn’t really know what hit us.

The next months were filled with grief and trying to settle her affairs. While the former will never completely subside, I am glad to say the latter is finally done.

Now I am getting back into my old life. I have missed this group and your daily chats. So please, fill me in on your lives and get me up to speed!

2. Likes amanda, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mother back in 1987 and there are still times my sister and get down and shed some tears. But mainly with the time passed we share things that happened and we get a lot of good laughs. Everyone heals differently, so take the emotions as they come.
    May God hold your mother's soul in His loving arms.
    pam

4. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tresa, I am so sorry for your loss, but at least she isn't sufferring anymore.. I lost my Mother 2 years ago so know what you are going through.. No matter how old or how young they are you are never ready to give them up. My Mother was 89 but I still didn't want to give her up.

6. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome back; but I am sorry for the sad circumstances you were under; memory is a beautiful thing, but a soft spot in the heart will always be. Hugs

8. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you. But your days will get better and soon you will remember only the good things and not the illness that took her. I lost my mom in '98. They had a long name for it that I cannot pronounce, She passed 6 months after she got ill. she was only 64. I know that shes in Heaven and we will be togeather one of these days. sending you lots of hugs. Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

10. Likes Theresa L, amanda, dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, anyone who has lost a parent knows how hard that is. I'm glad your life is getting back to a "new normal." My mother has been gone for many years, but I still think about her so fondly, which is a good thing.

I'm kind of new here, and enjoy the companionship and sharing on this board.

Good to have you back.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Glad to hear from you - things have been pretty busy here. When you are available, there will be time for you to look around at all the new threads taking your time. We have some new groups (community/groups) here in the forums that range from compassion to exchanges along with many more.

Please take care of yourself and take the time you need to heal and go through the process. We will be here when you are available to come back and spend some time with us! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

14. Likes Theresa L, amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Words cannot describe the pain and grief your family has gone through. Although the pain is always there, after a while it will become duller. Remember the good times and the happy memories of her to help you through your sorrow. My prayers and hugs for you and your family.--Jan

16. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart can't find words to comfort you.... I wish I could. Know that we are here for you. God bless you and your family. -janine

18. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa So sorry for you loss my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my mom to cancer just 2 years ago next month. Trying to get back to some sort of normal takes a bit of time but you can get there. Just remember we are here for you if you need just to chat.

msbhaven/Eva
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

20. Likes Theresa L liked this post