Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Post Thanks / Like
    chefmomster2Thank you.Love this kind of books.Also Chocolate titles by Joanna Carl.Barbara Bretton-Sugar Maple Chronicles(Casting spells is one), Iris Crawford-A Catered Murder,Mary Ellen Hughes-Wreath Deception. I like series so you can become aquainted with the people. If you like food related ones-Diane Mott Davidson-Catering to nobpdy.Dying for Chocolate,The Cereal murders,The Last Supper, Killer Pancakes.etc. The main person is Goldie the caterer.If you like cat ones I have a few of those also. Comes from being a former librarian.

2. Likes billiebob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those titles sound like a lot of fun, ladybug! Thanks for the suggestion!

The series by Betty Hechtman also has a recipe in each of the books I've read so far. How can one go wrong with a good mystery, food and crochet!
    Last edited by chefmomster2; 06-21-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome.Chefmomster2. Since my catarac surgery last momth I,v been reading TOO mush since I had to give it up before. Sure was a happy day after the last surgery omMay 17. I do have a tendency to read too much so I try to do a little each day. I,m picking up a book at the library today that they ordered for me.Finally have temps in the 70s today.So will do my running today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am an avid reader. I mostly read historical romance, contemporary romance and romantic suspense. I usually find a book I like and then read everything I can get my hands on by that author. I also like true crime. I just finished "A Season in Purgatory" by Dominick Dunne. It was based on the Martha Moxley murder. I am now starting "The Two Mrs Grenvilles", also by Dunne. The best romantic suspense I have ever read is "Envy" by Sandra Brown. She keeps you guessing up until the last chapter. It was excellent! I have a great used book store in my area (Another Look Books in Taylor, MI), and I use the library quite a bit. My son bought me a kindle for Christmas so I download a lot of free books too. Happy Reading!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Dunns Mystery series on TV also. Shame he passed.I have read several O S. Browns books. Like them also.

Post Thanks / Like
    My current read is Aleph by Paulo Coehlo. Only a couple chapters in and not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Listed as science fiction, it seems to be the story of a 50ish man in search of his life's purpose with the help of a "Master" called J. It is a translation from the original Portugese and Mr. Coehlo's second book. I haven't read his first book, The Alchemist. Will let you know more when I finish the book.

Post Thanks / Like
    My current read is an old Stephen King novel I never had time to read - Pet Semetary. I stocked up on lots of books a few years ago that I found at yard sales. Now I am working my through them. Old or not, they are still good books.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost all the books I have are yard sale bks. If I find a series I like & don't have all of them then I go to the library to see if they have any of them. If not I ask them to borrow from another library for me.I have 8 waiting for me now. Most likely will have to renu some of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" today. It really seems to be quite an interesting book. I was taking my g-daughter to her soccer camp and had forgotten to bring something to read, so my daughter loaned me the book... now I'm hooked and will read all of them. I read at the beginning of the book that the author, Steig Larson, died right after he finished all 3 manuscripts and handed them over to the publisher in 2004. Very Tragic... I was looking forward to more from him after only a few pages...

11. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Haven't had a chance to read the other two yet, but will get around to them eventually. So many books - so little time...