Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I can highly recommend The Shadow of the Wind and The Angel's Game by a Spanish author called Carlos Ruiz Zafon. They are quite unusual books, not quite horror, not quite thriller, not quite mystery but the writing is excellent and he is very good at describing the city where the books are set (Barcelona). They're quite unlike anything else I;ve read recently. I also like a good Tess Gerritsen thriller and my 8 year old and I read Harry Potter together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read every night before bed but some nights I am so tired I can only manage a page or two. It takes me a long time to finish a book tis way but at least I get them in. I usually buy a bunch at library book sales or yards sales and stock pile them for winter. Right now I am reading Stephen King's From a Buick 8. I have always enjoyed his writing. He and I share a birthday too, btw. I also enjoy James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished reading MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE by NICHOLAS SPARKS. I'm not a big fan of sappy lovestories but this one I ended up crying buckets of tears. It hurt so much that I'm swearing off Nicholas Sparks books for a while. He really loves Romance mixed with Tragedy.

I'm currently reading now Games of Throne. I saw the series being shown on TV and wanted to read it.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there I have read the book from James Redfield, Celestine Prophecy, anyone read that too? I found it great and it's just a small book so I breezed through it in a few days....I saw there was more in a series so I will try and get some more. It's about spiritual life but it's spun into a story so pretty light to read no stuff that makes your head ache!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Inferitence the last book of the Erigon series. I love to read about Dragons. and love to play Skyrim Elder schrols V.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    In fact I love everything fantastic and sometimes science fiction though I do enjoy some fiction from time to time as long as it is well written and not too cheesy.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recomment Nicholas Sparks book "The Wedding". Right now I am reading "The Playboy Prince" by Nora Roberts. I think I am going to like it. I mainly read books with a "romance" theme. Happy reading everyone.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a reader. Right now I am reading Reader's Digest hardbacks. My father bought them years ago to read once he retired, but never really got around to it as he developed alzheimers. He passed away 2 years ago so I thought I would read them for him. His volumns start in 1956 and go through the 1960's. I am currently on year 1961, first volumn. I just couldn't see them being wasted, so to speak, and the garage sales can wait until I'm done with them. My mom was selling them for 25 cents each. Thanks for letting me vent. Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Peggy, that's so sweet of you to read them "for him". So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 12 years ago and while it's gotten easier, I still miss him incredibly, especially at Christmas. It was his favorite holiday. Those Reader's Digest books are always at yard sales. I think I have a few lying around too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I'm new here. Currently reading the series written by Nora Roberts as J D Robb.Slight fantasy, mystery. About a lady cop in2052.Flying cars, fake food,Poke in what you want for food & it makes it & passes it to you.Alittle funny in some places. Oh! my the clothes . really weird. Also was a fan of Lillian Braun & her cat books. Needless to say I,m a cat person. I have 2 now.Also like Diane Mott Davis & her Goldie the caterer mystery books. I also was a fan of the romance paperback books .There was about 4 kinds I read. Have to limit my reading now as my eyes are failing slowly. Still driving but carefully & not in the rain or at nite if I can help it.I have other authers too only the names escape me at the moment.Robert B Parker. Love his Jesse Stone books & the movies with Tom Sellick as Jesse.Debbie Macomber also.